Friday, May 21, 2010

with interest please

When our children were small we began a savings account for them. They were eager to see those monthly statements as to how much interest they now accumulated. Of course the interest is more when you add more in, but with each little bit that interest builds.
We want to have our accounts in a place that draws the most interest and is safe and secure. We want to see that interest grow in abundance. To have an account where you can put in as much as possible and take out when needed is a place where there is much trust and honor. You want an accountant who is looking after your interest and making sure you are depositing in the right areas and keeping a steady pace of growth.

Sometimes we can add to our account but we don't see the benefits until much later. As we learn, we see that all is not right here and now, but with the right attitude, the right accountant, we can go far. We learn that as things change around us we cannot be fearful and remove our account, but keep it in one place with faith, knowing that our reserves are sealed and protected.

There are times when we seem to want to take out for things we think we need, but we are reminded by our accountant that things wanted are not always things needed. As He looks out for our best interests He can see what's up ahead and knows just what to do when we have no clue.

Just as our children saved their pennies and watched them build over time, we too can see that our accountant is making sure all our deposits are tucked away for safe keeping. Oh, and on those rainy days, He seems to know just what we need to brighten the day.

Whether there are ups or downs, He works without fear of failure or loss. Isn't that someone you want looking over your affairs? I know I do. If I place all that interest in my hands I tend to lose it, throw it away on earthly things that will rust, but wow, does He know how to store it in a place free from rust and decay.

When I think things are at a loss, He comes up and shows me He has been working over time just for me. He can take small change and turn it into more than enough. When all is looking grand before me, He makes sure I don't lose my way in all the happiness, forgetting where I have stored my greatest interest. He keeps those reminders coming, showing me the more I give, the more I receive. He is more than a banker, He is my Maker. And there is no one I would trust more with all the things He has in store.
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
Who are you trusting with all your accounts? Look over all your accounts today and make sure they are in order.
Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be."
You need a retirement plan? You need insurance? The best retirement plan you can have is found in Jesus, for His estate is where you'll want to reside forever more. Don't keep putting it off, the faster you plan for tomorrow the safer you are today.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...