Friday, May 21, 2010

is He alive in us?

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price my Savior paid for it."
Today is just not for us, it is for the Lord. I seem to always think about what I want to do, but instead of should be seeking God and asking, "Where are you calling me today?" Been there with me? We wake and think of all WE want to do, but in reality it is the Lord's day everyday and as His people, we should be living for Him.
As this day is a gift, I don't want to waste it. I want to serve today, leaving a legacy for others to see Him. When I think of the price Jesus paid for me to live this day in freedom, it takes my eyes off me, and places them upon Him and Him alone. What a precious gift He gave, so my day, my life, should be shouting His name and His love to all that cross my path.
"We are the Bibles the world is reading; We are the creeds the world is needing; We are the sermons the world is heeding." Billy Graham I think Mr. Graham said it perfect right here. The world is watching, they are searching and we need to stand pointing others to Him with our daily lives. Our words and actions will either bring others closer to Him or further away. Our lives make an impact on those around us, especially when we think no one is watching. I have learned that someone is always watching. We are who we are when we think no one is around. That is the real us, not the girl who is in church, but the girl outside of church. How are we behaving when we think no one is around? Are we just as kind as we are in church? Are we serving those around us outside of church? When I am sitting in my car what music am I listening to? Is it the same music as it is when the Pastor walks by my car?
Our lives are a direct line to Jesus. We are a reflection of Him or the world. Which is it for you? I know there are times in my life where I am riding the fence. I can't have one foot in my faith and one in the world. Hanging on to anger? I can't love those around me with anger in my heart.
So, what are we waiting for? What's keeping us back from loving those around us, from reaching out to those in need? WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) is a popular saying, but do we really take it to heart? Are we walking the walk and talking the talk? My walk can be a little off and my talk is not always joyful. If I am honest I think I probably have more days of struggle than truly living for Him and Him alone.
Its time for me to step out of the boat and have faith! Its time to walk on the water with a new belief. I want to serve Him with a new attitude today. I want to give without regret. I want to show others who Jesus is, and for me to do that I must be willing to lay down my life, pick up my cross and follow Him with a new found freedom in His love. As God shatters the darkness around me, I want to be a light for Him. How about you? Are you with me? May today be a the day we begin to change inside and allow others to see Him in all we do!
Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Micah 6:8 "He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...