Tuesday, May 18, 2010

orientation is free of charge

2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
When my husband began his new job he went for almost two weeks of training and orientation. He already knew how to drive, he has won many safety awards during his driving time. He knows the roads, the hazards, the rules and regulations. But during this two week period it was time for him to renew, restore, and rebuild. It was time for him to take another look and make sure he had all he needed to begin this new journey with a new company.

Sometimes we can think we know everything, and begin to just stay right there in our comfort zone. We can begin to just look at what we know and we stop learning. Recently I had taken a good look at my bible. I have things underlined and notes all over the pages of my favorite bible. Although I feel it is a good thing to mark those places that bring comfort, teaching, and wisdom, I have figured out those are the places I go to first. At times I just get lost in those marked places and overlook the rest. Have you done this too?

God gives us our compass. During orientation you are set on a course and you learn, grow, and move forward. Sometimes I think we just forget to pick up our compass when we are trying to move forward, and then we may move but we are not moving to the fullest.

In this scripture we see we are given inspiration. Who doesn't need inspired each day? And who better to inspire us than God Himself? We see that Scripture is a profit for doctrine. Who doesn't need teaching? And is there a better teacher than God? And reproof? Yes, this girl needs conviction. I need truth in every matter. Correction? Please, I am still learning I am not always right, and just when I think I got it all, I learn something new! I need the Lord to set me on a straight course. And yes, we all need instruction. Ever been driving with your husband and can't seem to find your way? Um, hello, there is a map! Here is a new thought, we can even ask for directions! Instruction is good, it leads us home. Can anyone really but God complete us? I always hear that line in the movie, "You complete me." As you learn more about God and yourself, you see that no one is able to complete you except for God. In Him we are made complete and isn't that a beautiful glimpse of grace?

I can't imagine living this life without my Compass, my Forever North, my Instructor, My Deliverer. Orientation with Him is free of charge. He comes in and gives us all He has so we can know the way. Life is hard enough, but living it with Jesus brings a sence of purpose. With Jesus we are just not driving to drive, He is leading us with a purpose and plan.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

We all need a refresher course. We can all get off road sometimes and lose our way. We all need to be kept up to speed. When we have that map open, looking deep within, seeing all those passages through the valleys and mountains, we will see our way clearly.

It doesn't matter how well we know our job, we can always learn more. The more we seek, the more we learn, and the more we grow. And who doesn't want to move up in this company?

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...