Tuesday, May 18, 2010

it feels so good

Today when I opened my eyes the sun was shining through the windows. What a wonderful feeling of warmth, of comfort and boy did it lift my spirits as I got out of bed. There is something about the sun that makes us giddy, puts a smile on our faces, and lifts our spirits high.
The sun doesn't just rule the universe for any old reason. It is the center, it is the core of our universe and all else moves about it. It is bigger, brighter, and more powerful than any other planet. It gives off light and warmth. Without it, all would die. Everything would cease to be in existence.

So too is it wonderful to wake to Son streaming through my life. He gives me the feeling of comfort and warmth even on those cloudy days. When there is an overcast, I can still feel Him next to me.

He can wash away the tears and make me smile again and with that smile my spirits are lifted high. He too is the center of my life. He is the core of who I am. Everything else in life moves around Him. I am so small in comparison to Him. There is nothing bigger, nor brighter in my life than the Son. Without Him, I would have no life. Life would cease to exist in the powerful way is does with Him in it. With Him I not only have today, but I have a future promised to me.

When the cold winds begin to blow in, the Son not only gives light to my path, but gives warmth where I feel the frigidness of the world around me. As the sun is shining upon all, there is nourishment, there is growth, and all seems to point upward toward the sun above. How sweet it is to feel the warmth, to look up and see the Son before me each day, shining down upon me, filling me with all I need to grow and shine for Him.

Even as the clouds come into view, even as the rain begins to fall, even in total darkness the sun is still shining bright up over head. It never fails to shine. Somewhere on earth each moment there is a new morning, a new light, a new day. As this earth rotates the sun is forever shining. Doesn't that in itself give us hope? As each day changes, as each storm blows in, the Son is there, never ceasing to show the beauty of all the Light can carry to a dark and weary land.

I am grateful to look out my window and see the sun bright before me today. Each time I look to the sun it adds to the beauty of God's design for us to see Him in everything around us. Is it cloudy where you are today? If the forecast calling for rain? Just know even the falling of rain, the gusts of wind, the Son is still bright, powerful and mighty, and those showers will cease, the clouds will part, and you will see the Son before you in all glory and wonder to be withheld by the Son who wants to shine bright in your life today. As those Son beams reach down upon us today, reach up, touch the warmth of the Son, and be washed in His beauty.
John 6:40 "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...