Monday, May 24, 2010

MONDAY QUOTES

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Just allow this one to soak in for a bit. Sometimes we come across something we can chew on and ponder over. This is one that really stuck with me when I came across it. So many times in life I have felt less than another. I have felt that someone is better than me, a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better Christian. You too?
You have those people in your life that just seem to make you feel inferior to them. You have those who walk about with an air of arrogance. Those that carry their ego along with them in their purse. It's just something in the way they look at you, speak to you and treat you all together. Know anyone like this?
I have always wanted to be that person who was just so comfortable with herself that I could walk into a room and feel at ease. I seem to walk in thinking, "What is wrong with me, why are people looking at me?" As women we tend to compare ourselves to others and that is our first mistake. We are all made different and we are to be different. Ever turn on one of those Hollywood glamor shows and see what others are wearing, the hairstyles, and latest trends? Well, I think everyone does, for we all just want to fit in. But why do we all want the same look? Isn't it better to be different? Isn't it better to stand out alone instead of in a crowd where everyone looks the same?I am trying to be the girl God made me to be. I am trying hard and learning not to concern myself with what others are doing, but find myself, my own style, my own way of walking into a room if you may. I don't want to be like everyone else, I just want to be accepted for me. And something I am learning, which seems to take a while sometimes is that I am the only person that can make me feel inferior to another. No one can do that without my permission. I must give something of myself for another to make me feel less than they are.There is room at the cross, and at the foot of the cross we are all equal. There is no one of higher standing. It doesn't matter if you purchase your clothing at Macy's or Walmart, as long as you are clothed, that is pretty much a blessing. Its not what we have on the outside or how many outfits we seem to clutter in our closets.

What matters is what we have on the inside. If we are shining on the inside, we are going to shine outward. When we are content within ourselves we are not going to be looking at what others have on, and what we are lacking.When the Lord looks down upon me He sees His daughter, His beautiful daughter that He made with His hands, giving me a purpose and filling me with all He has for me. That is a pretty special feeling, isn't it?

Everyone here on this earth is not going to make us feel special. They are not going to make us feel beautiful and they sure are not going to think we have a purpose. There will always be those with an arrogance, those who think they are better than others, but friends, there has always been good and bad and that is not going to stop until we reach heaven.

We must make a decision. Are we going to stand proud, with our heads held high, knowing we are daughter's of the King of kings or our we going to keep our heads down, thinking we don't measure up to the rest of the world? The choice is all ours, and that choice will either make us or break us.We need to come to a point where when we look in the mirror we are not looking to see flaws, but looking to see the beauty Christ has given in us. When we look at ourselves we are seeing the Lord in us. We were ALL made in His image. Its time we take off the worldly glasses we are judging ourselves from and see through the eyes of Christ.

Often times it is our very own attitude that makes others see us as inferior. If we are thinking it, then it is showing. Each day is such a precious gift, and we should be so blessed to be able to take part in it. May today be the day we wake with fresh, new attitudes, seeing through new eyes. May we stop looking for recognition in others and find ourselves consumed in the Lord. Where others may find fault in us, or imperfection, the Lord sees purpose and perfection through Him.

Don't define yourself by others standards. Don't define yourself by this world. This world has nothing we need that can make us any more perfect than God already has.I find that for every one of those who I allow to make me feel inferior, there is someone else who makes them feel that way as they enter a room and others turn from them. Surround yourselves with women who make you feel beautiful. Who surround you with love and lift you up.

We can only feel less of a person when we are allowing it. My challenge? Wake this morning, thinking upon the beauty before you. Praise God for all you are and for all He is in you. Seek Him for contentment. Seek Him to make you feel complete, and as you find yourself in Him, you will find that you are shining before others.

Psalm 139:14 "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are works, and that my soul knows very well.
Proverbs 31:25-31 "Strength and honor are her clothing; She shall rejoice in the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her; Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...