Thursday, April 15, 2010

going on a run

Okay, this morning I woke with a new idea that I would run to the pond and back. Great idea, right? I thought so as I took off, but then I started breathing harder, my legs didn't move as fast and soon I came to a fast walk. Not too long after my fast walk I slowed to just a walk, and then I even had to stop for a break!
But this girl didn't give up. I not only went to the pond, but I went all the way to the back of the field. We have a little over eleven acres and its mostly long, so it was quite a distance to go. As I got back to the house I was proud of myself. I went further than I thought I would. I may not have ran all the way, but I kept moving forward.

Through my run I didn't really see much. I was concentrating on my goal, but as I slowed down and paced myself I could see more. I saw the green trees sprouting out. I saw two geese flying over, and as I looked down I could see these little purple flowers sprouting everywhere. When we pace ourselves and slow down, we see so much more. We are able to take in the view and see all God has for us. Its when we are in a rush, trying just to get the task at hand done that we miss out on so very much.

Today is a new day, new adventures, new ideas, and I am excited to see where God is taking me. But this morning I realized I have to slow down to see His vision. I don't need to be in a rush to get all things finished. I find that when I am rushing I am lost in the task and lose my perspective. I know we are to be goal oriented, but I don't just want to fixate on those goals. I am learning much of the blessing comes in getting to the goal. Its not just all about reaching the end, crossing the finish line, its all about how we do it all. It's not how fast I run, but how I get there.

As I went through the path, I moved off the path we have and ran in another direction. It was when I stepped out of that comfort zone that I began to have more courage and knew I could do it.

I hate to sweat. I really hate it. If your a close friend of mine you know this girl hates sweat! But sometimes it takes a lot of sweat to get us where Jesus wants us to be. It takes hard work and determination. It takes keeping our eyes on Him, and looking not just at the finish line, but all that He has for us before we get there.

I am one to say, "I will try that tomorrow." Well, my tomorrow finally came. Even though I struggled through my "run", I made it! And tomorrow I may go slower, or I may run longer, but whatever I do, I know I can do anything with Christ showing me the way.

Whether you are running today or you have a new adventure, don't wait until tomorrow to begin. Put those shoes on today, get out there and make it all it can be. I may never be able to run a twenty mile race, but in the race God has chosen for me, I can make it all the way with His strength and guidance. You can too! Don't let fear get in your way, and don't let failure whisper in your ear.

Start your day with the Lord and He will give you the shoes you need for the race He has chosen just for you!
Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of throne of God."
1 Corinthians 9:24-25 "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...