Wednesday, March 10, 2010

a wrapped gift

Today I received the gift of books that I had been waiting for. I was sure the Fed Ex man would in no way find our house, but sure enough, right on time, just like they promised, they delivered my gift.
I received a card in the mail telling me I had a big box coming from Bethany House. Well, as soon as I heard the name I knew it was a box full of books. It was like Christmas day for me all over again!

What a treat to have someone come and knock on your door, stand and wait for you, and when you answer they give you a present all wrapped and place it in your hands! Well, in this case he didn't have to knock, I ran to the door, and it didn't have a big red bow on it, it was a big, brown box, but just hang with me and picture it.

Today, right now, there is someone knocking and they are waiting for you to answer. The amazing thing is He isn't going to leave the gift by the door and go away. He is standing there and He wants you to open the door so He can give you the biggest gift you have ever received. Not only is it the biggest, but the best, and one you will never forget!

He wants to to open your gift, open your heart to all He has for you. Its like the biggest surprise party ever, even the angels in heaven are waiting for you to open your gift. And when you do, they are going to shout, "Hallelujah".

This gift is special, its like an all in one. Like on a game show, can you hear the announcer? "You have just won yourself a free, yes I said free gift to heaven, its your RSVP! And with this gift you also receive a life time, yes a life time of blessings sent right down from heaven. You also win a grace filled life, full of mercy, a provider, a protector, a tower of refuge, and a special gift of forgiveness!" All you have to do to accept this amazing gift is to open your heart to Jesus Christ, accept all He has for you, accept that He is indeed the Savior of the world, accept that yes, you are a sinner just like me, and ask Him to forgive you of your past wrongs, and your future wrongs too. Your extra special added bonus is a life time relationship with Him! No extra charge at all, because see, Jesus has paid it all in full. How can you say no to such an amazing gift? He wants you to accept, but He will never force you to accept Him, He wants you to do so freely, with love in your heart.

His gift is one that you won't want to keep to yourself, it is one you will want to share with everyone. It is a gift you keep in your heart, and one that you will wear, one that once everyone else sees it, they too are going to want the gift that you have.

Now, why should you accept this gift today? It's not because your giver is going anywhere, but that we never know what tomorrow will bring. He knows though, that is why He wants you to accept it today, that way you don't have to worry about tomorrow ever again! Now that you know He is knocking, why don't you please answer? Your answer comes with a promise too. One that He promises never to leave you or forsake you through anything. When those tough times come, He is right there with you, seeing you through them all. And when those bright sunny days are here, He is singing praise right along with you.

You even have a money back guarantee! Yes indeed, but you won't ever want that, because once you accept your gift, you will never want to return it. For it also has a lifetime guarantee. Now, that gift is looking pretty good isn't it? Go on, answer that knock and open that door to the greatest gift ever, one that your heart is desiring. One that will fill you until your cup is running over, and one that this world can never give you.

My gift today may have come in a big, brown box, but your gift you have waiting comes wrapped with love and filled with grace!

Romans 3:23-24 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him."

John 6:35-40 "Then Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty. But as I told you, you have seen Me and still do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do My will but to do the will of Him who sent Me. And this is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that He has given Me, but raise them up all the last day. For My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...