Tuesday, March 2, 2010

let me hear a "G"

We can go to the football game and stand on our feet when a touchdown is made. We can shout until our voice is gone at a basketball game. We can hop in our car and be on the edge of our seat for a good sale. We seem to get excited when our team wins. Have you been there?
While my step son was the quarterback for his school team and then again at college, I can't tell you the times I stood on my feet, the prayers I sent up for his safety, and the cheers when he made an awesome play. There was excitement in the air always when he took the field. You just knew something good was going to happen.

Now, don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with getting excited, but my question is, "Do I show as much if not more excitement for the God I love?" When one comes to know the Lord the angels in heaven are shouting. Can you hear them now? I bet there is not a dry eye in the house when one comes to accept Jesus in their lives.

When God takes the field are we standing on our feet? Our we at the edge of seat waiting in anticipation for what He is going to do? I am always amazed when God does something and shows Himself, but should that really amaze me? He is God! There is nothing He cannot do. Instead of being amazed, I should always accept nothing less from a God who loves me.

I should be that cheerleader all suited up and ready to get out on that field cheering for the One who saved me. He didn't just make one exciting play, He makes them all day long. And like with other sports that you get bored watching, there is nothing ever boring with God.

I should be standing, I should be shouting, and I should be willing to lose my voice shouting His name.

Knowing that there is nothing that my God cannot do should set a fire under my feet to walk with Him, to do His will and to tell others about Him. How many times do we invite people over to watch the Superbowl? We invite friends over to watch the Cardinals play. We pack up and go to watch car races in anticipation at who will cross the finish line first. But where am I when it comes to inviting others to Christ? Where are my phone calls to those who need lifted up? Where are my arms when one needs a hug? I want others to see that my life is nothing without Him. I want to show others just where He has brought me and where I am going. I want my life to shout His name. I want my actions and words to reflect Him.

I don't just want to sit on the sidelines and cheer. I want to get out there on the field and cheer while I am working with Him! I want to be a player on this team, cause there is no other like it.

I remember going to my step son's college games and getting a book that listed all the players, their positions, and where they are from. I gotta tell ya, I don't just want to look at the book anymore, I wanna be in the book. I want to serve in the army of God. I want to give it my all.

God deserves our praise. He deserves to hear His name shouted out in glory as only His name can be. Why do I spend so much time on the sidelines instead of out for Him? I spend too much time in my seat and not enough on my knees in preparation for His will.

I want today to be a new day in that I wake shouting His name and giving glory to Him in everything. Come on, you stand with me. We have been sitting way too long!

Psalm 100 "Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; and His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...