Tuesday, March 9, 2010

He keeps providing

As we are struggling with job loss in our home, there are those days I am reminded of the widow and her son in 1 Kings 17. Here we find the widow and son, with only enough flour and oil for one more day. In comes Elijah, asking her to prepare him a meal and then one for herself and son. Let me just say as a mother, this took great faith. I would take care of my son first before anyone else, but Elijah is showing her when she places her faith in God He will provide, and that is exactly what happened. There was just not enough food for Elijah, but for herself and son, and for meals to come until the rains came again, giving more food. God took care of this family in their great faith in Him. When God feeds us, He gives much more than that, He fills us with His love.
This morning as we wake, my son is hungry, which you know if you have a son, they are always hungry. I am thinking to myself, what am I going to feed him for breakfast. I look in the cabinet and right there before my eyes is enough for waffles. He left the table full this morning. Praise Jesus for always providing our needs.

It takes a faith that is steadfast to make it through these hard times. I can stand before you today and give praise to God in the fact He is always there and He is always making a way for us. I am so thankful and grateful for a loving God who meets our needs daily.

I have hope, just as this widow woman. I know the Lord is preparing a way just He did for her, and in doing so my faith is growing.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

If you are hurting today, if you too are struggling, know that our God is mightier than any situation around us. There is no circumstance that He doesn't know about. When He moves in your life give Him praise and glory.

Thank You Jesus for always keeping us, always providing our needs. Thank You for carrying us through our struggles and allowing us to rise above those circumstances around us!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...