Thursday, February 11, 2010

being stalked

We often hear of people being stalked, and we find ourselves hoping it never happens to us. When I was twenty-two I had a stalker. He terrified me night and day. I was fearful for my life never really knowing what this man was capable of. I would find myself at home, at work, or even going to do a little shopping and there he would be. I lost my security I had, I was turning into this fearful, young girl who was afraid of her own shadow. My life was altered by this stalker, this person who seemed to be taking my life away bit by bit.


I was finally free from my stalker, this person who invaded my life and tried to destroy me in the midst of being a young mother. I have found a new freedom in Jesus Christ. He is the One who brings me security now. His hand of protection is over me, and He is my strong and mighty tower. He is there when it is dark and when I do not know what is around the corner. He is the One who gives me shelter and gives me the power to overcome my fears. He gives me the strength to know I have nothing to fear from the front nor the back. He has surrounded me from all sides with His protection.


In life here on earth we do have an enemy. We have one who stalks us, who watches us, and as he does he tries to take all away from us. He comes like a thief in the night when we are not watching. He attacks when we think all is calm. He can come out of no where.


John 10:10 " The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."


Romans 8:35-39 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angles nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


Ephesians 6:12 " For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the wickedness in the heavenly places."


We are being attacked, stalked and tempted by satan and the evils of this world. He knows our deepest fears, he knows our deepest weakness, and he is ready to strike at all times.


So what can we do? We can stand close to Christ. We can put on our armor and be ready for him. We can know we have nothing to fear against him or his evils. We are not alone, as he is attacking and lurking for his prey we can stand strong and be firm in God.


Ephesians 6:11 " Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."


Psalm 138:7 "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me."


Psalm 61:3-4 "For You have been my Shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."


On this earth we may have an enemy waiting to pounce for attack, but we have a God who is Mighty and Strong!! There is nothing on this earth for us to fear, nothing we can not overcome.


Have faith, have confidence in our God, and walk without fear. You can turn that corner, you can go the distance, you can walk through the night because our God is bigger than any fear we have, and mightier than any enemy. Call out to Him, say "Jesus" and He will be there.


Lord, thank You for loving me. Thank You for taking my fears away, calming me in situations and giving me Your peace. May I stand strong under Your wing of protection.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...