Monday, January 11, 2010

reflections

As I walk each day my life should be a reflection of the Lord, my heart should reflect His love, and my actions should be like a crown of glory to Him. In all I do, every moment of my life, should be pointing others to Christ, but too many times I am the focus and I am not pointing them to Him, but away. Each day is journey, a different walk, a struggle, but through that walk more of Him needs to be showing and less of me. How do we do that? How do we move in the background and allow Him to shine forth? We are to be His shadow, we need to let Him lead us, allow Him to move us, and keep our eyes on Him. When I wake each day, if I am focused and putting on my armor, I am ready to face the day, any challenges that come about, but if I wake and just stay focused on all I have to do, my vision is not His anymore. I have to remind myself to ask Him, "Lord, what do You have for me today?" Too much of the time I already have my day planned out, I have set all the things that need to be done before praying and opening my heart to Him and His will. But how much more blessed would my day be if I just gave it all to Him? Not putting a time limit on my time with Him. We cannot place a time limit on God. When He is moving, when He is speaking to us, we need to take all the time He has and bask in His awesomeness. When we begin placing time limits on God, we begin losing what He has for us. When I give my time to Him, everything else works out just like it is to be. I have to learn to let go of some things in order to have more time with Him. What is more important, my plans for the day, or the time spent with Him? When we think our time is more important, God has a way of changing those plans. He has a way of moving in our lives as to say, "Excuse me, I want to spend some time with my child today." How many times does our phone ring, someone comes calling, knocking on the door, and we ignore their invitations, we ignore that call, and say to ourselves, "I will call them back later, or I wonder what they are wanting." We must be careful of putting others off, and when we do that to the Lord, when we tell Him, "I am busy, just hold on." We may never know all the blessings we could share in, if only we would make the time for Him. He makes the time for us, He is always there, waiting to be with His child, to spend quality and quantity time with us. I have learned my body just can't be there, my mind also has to be there, along with my heart. Too many times I can be hearing the Word of God and my mind is wandering other places, the "things" I must do, my to-do list. God does not want half of me, not just a piece, He wants all of me. When I totally surrender to Him, when I give Him my all, my life will reflect Him, my life will be as a crown of glory to Him. Praise God, He doesn't give up on us the first time around, He is a mighty God of chance after chance. For, there are times it takes us a while to understand, a while to see all He has for us. As I walk, I see the places in my life that need His attention, I see those places that have have been a little clouded over. When the Son is shining, I need to look, and see that He is my reflection in all areas of my life.





Lord, I thank You for today, I thank You for giving me Your love and Your time. Open my eyes today to all You have for me. In this day that You have given me, I pray I bring glory and honor to Your name.



Philippians 4: 8:9 " Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."

Colossians 3:5 "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...