Monday, January 4, 2010

the journey

We never know just where our journey is taking us, but with Jesus we can know our destination. Our walk with Jesus is not an easy road, life is life, but with Him, we are not walking alone and we can gain His strength to help us through. I can see in my life before I met Jesus just how He was calling me, protecting me and leading me to Him. Eight years ago when my migraines and panic attacks came just how He moved in my life and how I know without Him I couldn't get through. Although my migraines and panic attacks are not gone from me, I know that right there in the midst of them that He is with me. As I began writing a year ago, I didn't see where He was taking me, and in many ways I still do not know what is to come, but I know that this journey has been pretty amazing. He is still opening doors and I have learned so much about Him on this journey He has me on. As my husband lost his job a little over a year ago, the fear of the unknown, the fear of the known also brought us to our knees. My husband still doesn't have a job yet, but I know Jesus is right here with us, supplying our needs, and meeting us just where we are at. As my children go through many different facets in their lives, as they go on their own walk, I know Jesus hasn't left them. To see our children make mistakes is heartbreaking, but as I too learned from my wrong choices, I know Jesus never gave up on me. To get to the mountain top we have to travel through the valleys in life, and those journeys can hurt us, they can bring uncertainty, they can change us forever. Our journey can bring us closer to Jesus or farther away. That is our choice, but His choice in our journey never changes, His choice is to be with us every step of the way. Journeys can be confusing, they can be moments where we ask "Why, when, how, and what?" But through these moments is when we can really find Jesus in the midst of our journey, in the walk we never thought we would have to take, in the midst of our tears, and pain. When we find ourselves with loss, with pain we don't understand, there is one place for us to turn and that is Jesus. I am not saying we will find all of the answers we are looking for just when we ask, but we can find peace, forgiveness for others and ourselves. We can find hope for tomorrow. Jesus is with us on our walk, through the muddy waters, through the hills that are covered with rocks, and on those slippery slopes. He will take us to another place with His strength and grace if we will accept what He is freely giving to us. We can call His name at any moment and He is there. When people ask,"Why did this happen?" I can't answer the whys for you, but I know the One who can, and in His time He shows us just what we need to know. When my dad died in my teenage years I asked, "Why", and found no answer. I have to say, I still do not know why, but I know Jesus was there with me, even though I didn't know He was. He was watching, He was seeing my tears, and pain, and He brought me through, through to His love today. Sometimes it is enough for me to know that He is just there, its enough for me to know whatever happens I am never alone. I am learning to be content, to be still and its not always easy, but as I keep trying, He blesses me in many ways, not always the way I ask or expect, but the way He knows is going to help me. We must remember His ways are higher than our ways. Although we may not know what today will bring or be ready for it, He is! So on your journey, its okay to ask, its okay to wonder, that is how we find Him. As of today I know my journey is not over, I want to go wherever He is calling, cause I know what He has for me is best. I am the clay and He is the potter, I want to be molded in Him.


So today Lord I am asking for Your guidance, for Your strength and love. I am asking that on my journey you lead me and guide me in Your ways, and teach me to follow You, show me how to trust in You every day and may my journey bring glory and honor to You.



Deuteronomy 32:4 "He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He."

Jeremiah 9:23-24 "Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord, exercising loving kindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight, says the Lord."

2 Peter 1:5-9 "But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, and to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, to to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...