Thursday, January 7, 2010

in different places

Have you ever looked at someone else and thought they were closer to God than you? Have you ever looked at another and thought their faith is greater? We tend to define our walk by looking at those around us, and we just cannot do so. I remember when I first walked into our church, met the few ladies who have now become long time friends, but then I remember thinking, "I can never be like them." And you know what? I never will, I am not meant to be like them, I am meant to be the one God has created me to be. I am to be different and my walk is different, unlike any other. Each of our walks are special, we each go at a different pace, walk a different way. We are all different ages, have come to the Lord at different times in our lives, and have gone through different trials. Just as the snow flake that God created to be unlike any other, was also created to bring glory to Him , we too are created like no other, and were created for His glory. We are not defined by those around us, we are not defined by how long we have been Christians, nor or we defined by what we know or do not know. We all learn on different levels, in different ways and God speaks to us all differently. That is why my relationship with Him is so special and unique, there is not another like it, nor is there one as your walk with Him. Nineteen years ago I didn't even know a hymn, couldn't sing one. I had never been in church before, but now I know many hymns and have my favorites. I have walked with the Lord for nineteen years now, and then there are those who have walked with Him their whole lives, that doesn't mean one is more of a Christian than the other. It doesn't even mean that one knows more than the other because their walk has been longer. Our journey with the Lord takes us on many different roads, twists and turns. There are those days we have our eyes open to all He says, and those days where we find ourselves walking our own walk. Each step in our lives is a lesson if we allow it to be. I have learned not to look at the walk of others and try to measure myself according to what another is doing. I know I have been through many things that others have not, just as in their lives they have walked roads that have not touched me. God shows Himself to us in our walk, and through many different levels in our lives. What should we consentrate on? Jesus, and our walk with Him. Just because I learn something today, doesn't mean that others will grasp the same thing. I can read my bible and the light will come on to something I need to hear, something I have read many other times, but have passed it by. God has a way of bringing to light just what we need to hear, just at the right time. What is amazing is that we are on a walk with Him, that we have sisters and brothers in Christ who are walking too. It is in our walk that not only do we find Jesus, but in that walk we show others who He is. It is not how much time we spend in our bibles, how much time we have spent in church, or how much service we have done that defines our Christianity. It is all about the love we have for Him, its about living for Him, time we spend with Him alone, not just talking, but listening, finding Him in everything, and following His direction, not those around us. We must remember to do the things He is calling us to,not the things our friends are doing, or not the things those around us are finding blessings in, but to walk with Him and allow Him to show us His plan for our lives. Too many times I have wandered from His plan by following another, and that is not His will. When I surrender to Him, I am learning all He wants to show me at that time.
Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
Our journey with Him is to be special, unlike any other. We are to seek Him and seek Him as He is calling us and serve Him with the talents that He has given us. Know that you are special to Him, and no one has a walk like yours!!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...