Sunday, December 27, 2009

wow, what a year!

What a year 2009 has been. I will end this year with my 43rd birthday(Yes, I do know how old I am now.) I began this year with many goals, my goals, only the Lord had different ideas in mind for me. There have been trials, and I have shared many of them, but I have learned those trials are making me the person He wants me to be, those trials are the same trials others are going through and in sharing my heart they too know they are not the only ones. This has been a year of growth for me, of learning, and of wanting to have a sweeter walk with Jesus. It has been a year I not only learned more about Him, but about myself(Funny how that works out.) January of 2009 is when I began writing this blog, a blog I had no idea of what it would be. I knew as I prayed, as I prayed for the Lord to speak and move through me, He has and He still is. He has showed me His goals for my life. He has opened doors for many publishing groups, for me to write reviews, and have even had my writing in print! I am collecting quite a library of books that I hold dear, for I know my sweet Jesus has blessed me with those, with being able to write and share about them. I know that all I am able to do is because of the Lord and all the glory goes to Him. I pray that through each sentence, each word brings praise to His name. When I began this blog it was to spread His gospel across the land, and it is so humbling to know those who read it, those who are blessed by it, and so my fingers keep writing, I keep praying, and to see one person blessed is all worth it. God is opening doors that I never thought possible, I am now writing a book, who knew? God did, for that was His plan, and all those trials I have gone through are words to fill that book, not with sadness, but with the mighty works of God in my life and the lives of others He has touched. I am excited and terrified to take this step, for in this step is my leap of faith, but in that leap I know the Lord has my back, He has every moment in life in His hands. This year has been one of God showing me everything has a purpose, although I may not see it right then, I may not understand, He is working behind the scenes and listening to each prayer I send up to Him. I do not set goals anymore. They are not my goals to set, but His. My will should be His will and He has taught me in prayer, in my walk, that He will show Himself to me, He will guide me in the path He wishes me to walk if I keep my focus on Him. I remember when I had only one reading my blog, now there are many. But throughout this time I have had many who have encouraged me throughout this journey, but there have been three who have been right there by my side, they are Tami, Judi, and Bobbie. These three sweet friends of mine have blessed me, listened to me, listened to my ideas and my dreams. Tami has been there from the very beginning, giving me encouragement and hope. Judi has shared my blog with many and has blessed me by doing so, and Bobbie, well she too is there, praying for me, and telling me, "God has something big girl!!" Its hard to me to see that, that God would use me, but He has showed me without a doubt that He is right there with me all the way!! I am still going through many trials, still learning, still growing, but through it all God is good and is showing me to never give up, to always follow Him and to stay focused, never taking my eyes off Him. I do not believe in New Year's resolutions, they do not last, and they are our own fleshly desires, I believe in prayer, in asking God, "Lord what is it You are calling me to do?" We don't need the first of the year to make changes, we just need a humble heart and a willing body.
Lord, thank You for this year, these blessings You bestow upon me, this great adventure You have me on. I have no idea where it is You are taking me, but I am here for the ride, and through all the pain, the trials, I can see the blessings clear as day. Praise Your Holy Name~
Isaiah 61:10 "I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, as a bride adorns herself with her jewels."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...