Wednesday, December 30, 2009

WHERE IS GOD? by Dr. John Townsend


Wow! This is one of the best books I have ever picked up, and one of the most profound reads I have been blessed to have in my hands. This book came to me just at the right time, when I too was asking, Where are YOU, God? In the beginning John shares his personal story of his expedition in Antarctica, where he found the beauty of God and a fear inside, when he feared what could happen, he too found himself at that moment asking, Where is God. This book shares with us how that one question has many meanings, and how it is okay to ask, why, where, and what to do next. This is a book that gets better and deeper with each chapter. I love how John shares stories of his own life and intertwines them in teaching us. He shares how sometimes we are sinning and sometimes we are the ones being sinned against, and how to handle each one, how to move forward and he gives great insight to not just knowing God, but knowing ourselves through Him. I enjoyed how he shared he thought he feared God more than loved Him, and how his walk wasn't a chore anymore, but a sweet walk, listening and learning. This book if for everyone, it has something for each person, whether you are being touched by hurt and confusion now, or in the past, this book will guide you to a better understanding of faith, and bring you to wanting to walk closer to God. God hasn't left us, He is right here with us, and through God's word, we can find Him. This book has taught me so much, and I will read it again and again, before I pass it on to a friend. This book was a gift to me by Thomas Nelson for its review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...