Friday, December 11, 2009

starting over

Have you ever wanted to just over and begin the day again? Maybe just pull the covers over your head and wait for the sun to shine again? For me, I seem to do this a lot, but praise God, we have a mighty Savior who forgives, who allows me a fresh start, who places my past right where it needs to be, and gives me the grace to move forward. I have had some oil spills that have caused great hurt not just to me but to all those around me. We can't save ourselves from an oil spill, just as the animals that are affected by one, they would die if not for others picking them up, cleaning them off, and placing them in fresh water. Isn't that what our Savior does for us? He comes along when we least expect, when we are drowning in oil, and He and He alone saves us from the spill, washes us new, and gives us new life. There are those times when we say things and we so wish we could take them back, put them right back to wherever they came from, but we cannot undo what has been said without grace and forgiveness. It seems when the words come out they just don't seep out a little, they seem to spill everywhere. Why is that? We have such good intentions, we want to do good, but at times we seem to try so hard, we just make things worse. For me, I have learned when I have my biggest spills is when I am working by myself, without my guide, without my leader, and when we work without a net, we soon fall. Watching those fantastic shows about the fishermen in the fishing boats out at sea is so intriguing. There is not just one man on that boat, there are many, they learn to work together or die. They learn to follow directions from the captain or they can fall off the ship and into the cold waters to die. If we are not careful we too can fall off the ship and drown. But there is good news, it doesn't have to be that way. We have a wise and loving Savior to be our compass in everything in our lives to show us the direction we need to go and who gives us the words to speak to others with love, along with the guidance to know when to speak and when to be quiet. For me, I should be more quiet and listen to the wisdom around me. Praise Jesus for those sweet friends who keep us humble, for a loving family who forgives and for the mighty hand of God to pull us out of the water when we have slipped and are covered with oil.

Lord, today please help me know when to speak and when to listen. Give me Your wisdom and may all my words bring You glory when I open my mouth. Thank you for Your forgiveness when I am in the midst of a fall, for I am forever grateful of Your mighty net that catches me every time~
"If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:20
"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles." Proverbs 21:23
"Listen to counsel and receive instruction, that you may be wise in your latter days." Proverbs 19:20

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...