Tuesday, November 10, 2009

which way?

In Psalm 32:8 it says; "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." I see this verse and it gives me hope, for if my life were just up to me, if I was in charge of my life I would be lost. When I fool myself into thinking I know what I need, I know who I need, and when, I get lost, I lose my way. But when I turn my eyes completely to Jesus, He leads me, He shows me just where I need to be. There is no confusion in Jesus when we are seeking His ways, and letting our own go. The confusion comes when we try to take over, when we feel as though we know more about what we need than Jesus. It is in those times when I am trying to find my own way, that I am fighting what Jesus has for me. Thats where the battle lies, right there between His will and mine. For me to find my way, I must start with Jesus. There is no line, there is no half-way mark. I can't say,"Okay, I will give you this or do this, if you give me this and do this for me". Jesus has the key to our life, for us to find our way, we must turn to Him, and allow Him to unlock the pathways before us. He is our compass, our everlasting North. When we hold that compass in our hand and follow Him, we are going to open our lives to so much more than we could ever do just on our own. Listen as we hear the next verse in Psalm 32:9 " Do not be like the horse or like the mule, which have no understanding, which must be harnessed with a bit and bridle, else they will not come near you." God is showing us here not be like the horse and have to have a bit in our mouths and a bridle to follow, He wants us to follow Him easily, to listen to His voice and be obedient to His word, not lazy or slack when He is calling, but to answer Him quickly and be ready to go wherever He calls us and to do whatever He asks. Sorrow comes when we choose not to listen to our Savior, heartache comes when we choose our own path. We can be our own worse enemy by trying to find our own way in this life, when life leads straight to Jesus. He is that light in the dark, He is there loving us even when we make a mess of things. When we try to seek our own way, we will find Him there guiding us to Him, to His will, but it is our choice if we listen, if we follow. When we choose our own way we must face those consequences, and humble ourselves. Don't let the noise of this world get you off course. Don't run from the path God has chosen for you, He is our strength to make it through all, He is our refuge from our enemies, and He is our faithful God who forgives when we come to Him. Are you tired of trying to find your own way through life? Are you tired of the struggle? Stop today, you can change your path by following Christ who wants the best for you. He wants you to live an abundant life, but to do so, we must follow Him with our heart, mind and soul. Are you ready to see all that He has for you today? Stop and don't go any farther without seeking the One who will lead you to a life that will bring joy and contentment~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...