Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Great Problem Solver

When I had to learn algebra to teach my children, it was a hard task. See, I am not a math girl, I love literature, english and history. I was really having a hard time understanding algebra, until a friend showed me that algebra is not math, it is problem solving, when you know the solutions, you can solve any problem. She was right and after I began looking at in a different way it became easier for me. I began teaching my son that algebra is solving problems and when he began saying,"When in life am I going to use this?" I knew just what to say,"Everyday!" Algebra teaches us how to look at the problem and solve it, it takes patience, it takes time, and you just can't solve it right away, you must think about it. As we face our problems in day to day life, it is also like algebra. We can't just approach a problem and think we can fix it, we must back up, take a good look and take time to think about it. For me it helps for I usually speak before I take the time to think about it, only to wish later I had not said a word. I have learned I cannot solve every problem, I cannot fix all that is wrong, I therefore cannot change other people, only myself and the way I react to problems. I have learned in my walk with Jesus that He is the Great Problem Solver. He knows all, He sees all and He knows the beginning and end to all. He has the solutions we need for life, for our daily struggles, and for those problems we cannot fix, He is the One to turn to for all. We have to trust in Him, believe in Him, and know that He is God. When we have something facing us, why is we try and try again to fix it ourselves instead of turning to the God of hope? God is bigger than any problem we will ever face, and He has the solutions for all. Just as He protected Daniel in the lions den, He too will protect you. He will show you the way out, He will lift you out, and set you on your feet and in the right path. As we face our trials, our fears we can have faith in God that He will provide for us, He will give us what we need to overcome. Whether you have a problem that is big or small, know that you can turn to God for all the solutions. We may not understand all, He may not give us the answers we want but He will give us the answers we need. When we are faced with a problem the first thing we should do is turn to Jesus in prayer. Our battles are best fought on our knees, not in words. we do not always have to be right, we don't always have to have the last word. Sometimes the best thing to do is walk away, be still, be quiet and let God do His will and way in those we are facing. When we allow God control of our lives, we are set free from burdens and the heavy load we carry. Remember, God loves His children and will give us all we need when we need it. All things happen in His time. He knows our past and what we will face in the future, who better to turn to? Algebra may not be your thing either, maybe you love history too, but learning how to solve problems is easy when we turn to God for the answers, He is the One who hold the key to all we face~ Proverbs 15:1 " A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 3:5-6 " Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Psalm 46:1 " God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...