Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh the beauty in the sky

This morning as I was walking outside with little Daisy, I looked up, heard the geese, and saw the beauty. Here they were on this crisp day, flying through the air, all together, not alone, but taking turns leading each other through the sky. There was beauty alone in that. So many times we try to lead ourselves, thinking we are alone, and we got this, but where, just where do we end up? Not on the course that the Lord has set before us. He leads us, and He places others in our lives to help us on His charted course. When we are tired, when we have lost the way, He will lead us, and He will set before us those who He is working through to guide us. We can hear the beauty all around us, we can see the beauty He has given, we just have to look up and take our eyes off of ourselves. He has given us His word, His love story to us, one that came from His heart straight to ours, and when we decide to follow Him, He will set before us a purpose and plan, we just have to tell our flesh to get behind us, because we don't know all we think we know, let Him take the lead and watch all He does before our eyes. I love the outdoors, I love the sights and the sounds. With geese they take the same path year after year to get where they are going, we can take their cue, and learn to follow Christ daily, He will never lead us astray, and will set before us all who need to be there to lead us in His purpose for our life. If you are off course today, look up to our amazing God, and He will set you right, He will show you the way, and if you go to Him first, go to a sweet friend in Christ, share with them, and allow God to minister you through those He has purposefully placed in your life. He reminds us in many ways that He is there, some are right in front of our faces, we just have to open our eyes. Jeremiah 29:11-14b " For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found in you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...