Tuesday, September 8, 2009

have you seen Him?

1 John 4:12-17 " No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. and we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him." Have you seen Jesus lately in those around you? Have others seen Jesus in you as you walk each day? Jesus is all around us, He is living in those who have accepted Him as their Savior. We may be the only Jesus someone meets this week. What we say to others, what we do, makes an impact that at times we do not see, but God sees. I have to confess that at times I am not showing Jesus to the world, I am not even showing Jesus lives in me when I chose to sin, when I chose to be selfish, when I chose my way. As He has given us love and grace, we too need to give the same to those around us, yes, even when they are not being nice, when we know they may not like us, they may speak about us, they may choose just to see the bad, the past, but we can show a different way, we can choose to show love, we can choose to give grace, the grace we were given freely. If we have fellowship with Christ daily, He is going to shine through us. He is going to move through us and touch others. There are many times where I choose to wear my christian shirts. I not only wear them for others to see a message, but as a reminder to me of who I am representing daily. I am sure I have worn them and have not shown to others that I follow what I am wearing. We have a choice to lead others to Christ or turn them away from Him by our actions and our speech. We are not always going to make the right decisions, we are going to falter, but we should be striving to be the witness we have been chosen to be. God's love is expressed through us to others, just as it is experienced from Christ to us. Our hearts should be big enough to contain love for all those around us. Our hearts should be showing that Christ abides there with us. That is why we must keep short accounts of our sin, and to keep our sin confessed so that we may approach Christ at any moment to pray for another, to reach out to another. When we are filled with sin, we are not able to show just who Christ is, and we need to be showing Him to the lost world around us. We need to be taking every opportunity to share Christ with those around us. There is a man at church, Jeff, whose mission is to disiple those around him, and his fever to share Christ is contagious when you spend a few minutes talking with him. I want to be contagious to those around me and show them just who Christ is, just what Christ is, and what He has done for me. I want to impact the world with Christ's message, will you help me? Will you catch the fever too? What will it take for you to get on board? We have an opportunity to show Jesus to everyone around us, we have an opportunity to bring glory and honor to Christ. We must learn to put our fears away, and not let satan control us any longer. We must learn to open up and share no matter what the cost to bring glory to Christ's name. When we choose to open up, others can see that we are real, we are not a fake christian, but one who has been saved through faith, one that lives for Christ and loves Him. What are you willing to give, how far are you willing to go? To live in His will, is to die to ourselves, and to live in His will. For Christ, we should be willing to go where ever He sends, and to give whatever He is asking with a faith that only brings us closer to Him. Jesus is here in our hearts, may we open them to share with others just how mighty His love really is.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...