Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Christ defines who you are,not your past

Ask Jesus why He loves me, and I would only say I didn't deserve His love. I don't understand why He loves me, but He does. With a past that can haunt me at times, I was to let it go when I came to Jesus. There are those days that I pick it up again, but Jesus never does. He knows it doesn't matter anymore, He knows thats not who I am today. The mistakes of the past, are not who I am today in Christ. For He healed me of my past with His blood. We all come from a past, some are better than others, and some of us have made mistakes we wish we could take back and do over. Whatever your past was it is forgotten when you come to Jesus. "Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, who satisifies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord executes righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed. He made known His ways to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:1-12 Does this not make you want to praise His name? He is our loving God, who chooses to forgive us of our pasts, and never to bring them up again. He changes us, He molds us into someone we could never be without Him. Don't let your past be part of your future. Don't allow your past to come between you and God. Don't ever think He wouldn't love you, because His love is greater than any known on earth. God reigns, and He is mighty, He gave His life for you and I, not to stay in our pasts, but to move to the future. And that future is with Him.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...