Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What does music do for you?

Just what does music do for your soul? As I woke this morning not feeling like it was going to be a great day, I soon began writing(after my chores were finished!), and turned on the christian station. I have sat here with my hand held high, singing along(No one is in the house with me), and feeling God's presence right here with me. Music has an amazing healing quality to it. I have to say I love all types of music, this girl loves to dance(just here in the living room, I am baptist ya know). Music has an effect on us that just seems to bring us closer to Christ. I am glad to know there will be music in heaven and instruments of many kinds. That will make my son so very happy. Share with me just what music does for your soul. Does it lift you up? I remember hearing my mom singing in the kitchen while she was cooking or cleaning. She would just carry a smile on her face. Listening to music in the car is about the best. You can place the windows down, and turn up the music loud and watch the faces of those driving by while you have your hand raised in praise. Please tell me I am not the only one doing this:) Music can change a bad attitude into a great one of praise. Music can bring our thoughts straight to Christ and His throne. Music is a gift from heaven to lighten our load, to lift our spirits and change us to look more like Him. We can sing alone or we can sing with a group. One of my favorite things to do is to go caroling with our church. To pack the vans full and do to homes of ones who cannot get out, and give them a gift of song, brings many smiles, shares hope, and for sure brings glory to God. As one is saved, the angels are praising and singing in heaven, can you imagine that sight and just hear the sound of glory upon their lips? Today do you have a song in your heart? Do you need lifted up? Turn on that radio, turn it up loud and just sit back and praise our Savior and His glorious and mighty works. David played to bring peace and joy, just as he did then we can do today. What is it that you want to sing praises about? "And the priests attended to their services; the Levites also with instruments of the music of the Lord, which King David had made to praise the Lord saying,"For His mercy endures forever, whenever David offered praise by their ministry. The priests sounded trumpets opposite them, while all Israel stood." 2 Chronicles 7:6 "Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the harp! Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." Psalm 150:3-6 Add a little music to your praise today, and lift up our Lord and Savior in song...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...