Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Waiting

One of the hardest things we have to do in life is wait. It never seems an easy task for anyone. Last Sunday I found myself in the Emergency Room doubled over in pain. Waiting on the doctor to come in, waiting for tests, waiting to see if there is a problem. The next day I found myself at the hospital again for a test, waiting to get the test done, and waiting for the results is a feeling of doom at times. I get myself so afraid that it has to be something bad, it has to be something causing so much pain. What if it is, what is it to begin with, what do I do? I lose all sence of myself, and allow my fears to take over, instead of trusting in a mighty Savior. Why do we do these things to ourselves? As if we can make time go by any quicker ourselves, as if we can change whatever results the tests show, as if our all-knowing God doesn't have all under control. I find myself in this sin, the sin of not having my faith in my God. I lose sight, and forget that whatever it will be, will be, and God has allowed it to come for a reason, and whatever the reason, He will see me through, and teach me while on the journey. He not only teaches us, but He teaches those around us. How we respond to life altering situations can lift others to Christ or turn them away. When trouble comes, why do I not just turn to God first, and stay there? I do go to God, I pray, and I know others are praying, I do have faith, but am I really using it, am I really trusting in God if I have any fear, if I am allowing waiting to overcome my sences? No, I am not allowing God to do His work in me. I am not giving Him my whole heart, my whole being, and I am in a sence trying to take it on myself, as if I can do anything without Christ. Today as I sit here I have learned that my tests came back clear. I was so overwhemed I cried, and I praised God. I am so thankful for what He has done for me, but where was my praise and thankfulness while I was so scared? Where was my trust in Him then? What if my test would have come back with something very wrong? Would I have the same reaction as to praise God? Living as a christian is a day to day learning with Him. It is a moment by moment trust and praise. We are to trust Him with all we have, and we are to praise Him for all that enters our lives. We never have to face difficult issues on our own, we have the mightiest God who loves us and wants to live through all we do. Whatever we face in life we should be able to face them with no fear, no doubt, and with all the trust and praise God so deserves. With each thing that enters our life I should be willing to go to God, pray and trust that whatever comes, whatever happens in my life God is going to use me for His glory. We grow in our times of distress, we show who He is in those times, and in those times we show who He is to us. I am still growing christian woman daily. Although I may fall, and stumble, I know I have a mighty God to forgive me of my unfaith, and lead me in the right direction. Life is scary at times, the unknown is fearful, and waiting is unbearable to us, but it doesnt have to be with love, trust and praise to God. He can take the simplest situation or the greatest we have ever faced and turn it into a praise, worthy of His glory. He shows Himself in the darkest places we face, and He makes Himself known when we call out to Him. For every situation I have fully trusted Him in He has always shown me some new wonder I can give praise for. Nothing touches us without Him knowing. When our faith is alive, we are face to face with our Savior in that moment of need. God is so good, He is everything, and He deserves my faith, and my trust in Him. I have learned that waiting with Jesus is the way to go, not trying to wait alone. The twists and turns in our lives do not go unseen by God. We may not know all that will happen to us today, but God does and He is waiting for us to turn to Him in our good times, and in our times of trouble. There is nothing in faith that speaks fear, and there is nothing in praise, that speaks alone. We do not like to wait, we do not like wondering what if, but what about our Father? How long did He have to wait for us? How long is He waiting for His children to come to Him? If there is anyone who knows about waiting it is God. I will end with these amazing verses about waiting. The next time you are waiting, the next time you are in a situation of the unknown, do not make my mistake and try to face it alone with fear, face our God, and let Him to take your hand. Put your trust in the God who can do all things mighty and small."Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:14 "For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9 "Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it." Psalm 37:34 And here is one of my favorites,"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40:31

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...