Friday, August 21, 2009

please turn in your reseme

As my husband has been looking for work he has learned alot about resemes, what they should say about him as a person, and what information should he put in there. An employer can tell alot about a person by their reseme. If their handwriting is sloppy, those go in the trash. If there is information that is missing, those are soon to follow. Our resemes speak about who we are and what are goals are. If I had to turn in a reseme today to God, asking Him to enter heaven, I'm not sure what mine would say. I would tell Him,"I know I don't belong here, but I really want to come in." Isn't that what some of our resemes say? Don't they say,"I know I'm not really qualified to work here, but the benefits are great, and this is where I want to be"? We are not worthy of heaven, but as we are working on our resemes, what do we have so far? Do we have faith down, do we have our hours we spend in prayer, the time we give to others, the words that come out of our mouths, our actions to those around us? In the christian life you cannot just have faith, nor can you just have works. They go side by side. Without works our faith is not really speaking out "Christian" and without faith, our works are just in vain. We must have both to grow as a christian, to grow with Christ, and to live each day with a joy in our heart about all we do. Our christian reseme should be packed so full its overflowing. I am afraid to see the look on Christ's face when He opens my reseme. Although I try, my heart wants to follow, but I still each day stumble and fall. As an employer looks over your work history, what does he see? What would God see looking at our christian history? Would there be much prayer, much studying, and works to go along with it, or would He see alot of selfish ambitions that really lead to nowhere? I want to work on my reseme, I want to make it look like Christ. I want to hear those words from Him,"Well done my faithful daughter", just as we want to hear from our boss that we are doing a great job. In heaven atleast we have cheerleaders lifting us up. Can you hear them now, the saints that have gone before us,"Go girl, you know you can do it", Thata boy, keep it up"? Our lives here should show a reflection of our Boss, the Manager over our lives, although He is in control, we must follow His instructions if we want to move up, and are we not looking to be heaven bound one day? Take a look at your reseme before its time to turn it in, fill in the blanks, and let those works be pure and clean, not sloppy and not selfish ambitions, but showing a faith, a belief, and a trust in the one who is leading us through this journey.. "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8-10 "Let nothing be done in through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." Philippians 2:3-4 "Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?" James 2:22 "But someone will say,'You have faith, and I have works.' Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe-and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?" James 2:18-20

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...