Tuesday, July 28, 2009

sing along or just listen?

Today was my daughters 19th birthday. My husband, son, and myself were blessed to take her out to lunch, and to her new nursing school. It was such a beautiful day to be with our daughter, just to spend a little time with her, just talking, laughing and having a great time. She really is a special young lady, words cannot express just how special she really is. She is beauty, and she has the voice of an angel. It has been awhile since I have had the pleasure of hearing her sing. You know those voices in church of the woman sitting behind you, and instead of you singing along, you just close your eyes and worship to the sound of her beautiful voice. Thats my daughter. Today as we were driving home we had the radio on the christian station. As I sat in the front I could hear her singing along to every song that played. At first I sang along quietly, but then I just had to close my eyes and take it all in, just listen to the young woman behind the voice, praising God through singing. It blessed my heart to hear her sing again. She sings when she is happy, and today I could really see joy in her eyes, and through her voice. You know those few people that really bring out the best in you, those that light up a room just by entering, those few that everyone wants to be friends with? That is my sweet daughter. As we were at home my son came to me as we were just sharing and asked,"Mom did ya hear Whit sing today, didn't she sound amazing?" I had to answer him,"Oh yes, I heard and she blessed my heart."Sometimes God gives us special moments to enjoy. On a day as today, being with my daughter and hearing her sing, it was one of those days that just fill your heart until the joy is overflowing. Just a quiet whisper of a beautiful young woman singing praises, singing along with the radio was my little moment today.Lord I thank you for the time I shared with Whit today, I thank you for the 19 years I have been blessed by her life. Today I celebrate her, I celebrate the young woman you created, the sweet daughter with the voice of an angel. Sometimes in life, we get to enjoy a moment in time we will never forget, and today hearing her sing was one that my family will forever hold near, for we can close our eyes, tune out the noise and hear a sweet voice that touches us and fills us with joy...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...