Monday, July 20, 2009

Are you running close to empty?

My husband always tells me to keep my car on full. He says, "You never know what could happen or where you will have to go,so you need to be ready!" I kinda run on empty sometimes, thinking with the little I have in the tank will get me there. This has caused me trouble before. As I was driving I thought our truck was breaking down, had to call a carhauler, and my husband. Turns out, the car wasn't breaking down, it was totally out of gas. I seem to do this in my life as well. I keep running and running thinking I can make it there on my own,but in the drive to get there I run out of fuel. This happens to us all. The wear and tear on our tires is going to cause a blowout soon if we do not learn to slow down, get a tune up and stay focused on our meters infront of us. I remember when our children were all in sports, diapers, doctors visits, the store, the house, it all starts to pile up and we get overwhelmed as moms. Its okay to say no, when we say no, we are not saying no to just one thing,but we are saying yes to another. Its okay to stay in your p.j's, and just have a day of fun. When we put too much on our plates, we don't know where to begin. We learn to wake up, praise the Lord for the day, and ask Him for His strength. We learn to count on Him for our support, and those He has placed in our lives. We don't have to do it alone. Life is precious, and each day is a blessing that we can take to heart. We must learn to enjoy our moments, let things go, and just love those around us. We don't have to be "Supermom", and think we have to do it all, when your a mom, your already super, and God is on your side in all you do. He is there for those late nights, those nights where there is no sleep, and in those days where so much is crowded in your not sure how to get through. We cannot run on empty, we have to stay full as my husband says,for we do not know what each moment to moment will bring, so we must be prepared. We have to know when our tank is getting low, and get in gear for more fuel. God is our fuel, He is our help, and He,before anyone else can fill us up with all we need. Dont run your engine until something breaks, God will take care of you and all else in your life when you turn it over to Him. "As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night,while they continually say to me,"Where is your God?" When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. for I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept a pilgram feast. Why are you cast down, O my soul? And whey are you disquited within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance."Psalm 42:1-5 Just as a deer cannot go on without water, we cannot go on without Christ. As the water quenches the deer, so too shall Christ, our Living Water quench our thirst, and fill us with His spirit. Just as the deer rests, we too must rest. Never think you are alone, Christ is always there, and too are those He has placed in your life to help lift you up.Hows your tank? Do you need more fuel? You know where the best fuel station is, go there and He will fill you with all you need...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...