Sunday, July 12, 2009

My ways or His way is the question

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil." Proverbs 3:5-7 Okay, these verses are to be treasured by us who walk with Christ. They are telling us to love the Lord with all our hearts, to trust in Him, not our own ways. We shouldn't seek our hearts or feelings to lead us,that is foolishness. To fear the Lord is to respect Him, to love Him, and to understand His ways are so much higher than ours, and if we will follow Him, our lives will be better for it. I cannot begin to share with you how many times in my life as a christian I have not followed God's word here,but sought out my wisdom, what my heart desired and needed. I have tried to control the things in my life, people, circumstances, and trials that I have faced. I have tried to fix many things, and when I have chosen to step out on my own, I have failed miserably. We can learn from the past mistakes, we can choose to not make them again. We can choose to be more equipped,by knowing God's word, and trusting in Him all that we have. Why is it that we think we know so much? Why is it when things are falling apart we act so quickly,without regard for Christ and His wisdom? We see our family, a friend, a neighbor making a wrong turn, and we think somehow we can change that situation and make it better. Well, just what if God has a plan, and as soon as we step in to try to change things, His plan is destroyed by our selfishness. When we choose to follow our ways and turn from God's,the only word to describe it is selfishness. We want what we want now and we do not like to wait or see those we love fall. For me, someone in my family has given me the name Anne Frank. He gave me this name because I use to write letters to those I loved to try to help them see clearly. As my Pastor has taught me, letters never seem to help the situation. For me, I thought writing a letter I could express myself more. I could clearly lay out all that needed to be said. How selfish of me, and how wrong I was. When we write a letter, we think as we write,we can see our expression,we can place our feelings down clearly,but those who are reading,they cannot see our expression or our tone in which we are writing. They can only look at the words, and come to themselves a conclusion of how they can take it. I have learned the hard way not to write letters when we are hurt, or angry. It only leads to misunderstandings for those who are reading. When they receive the letter,they really don't know how to take it, and then the situation that we so wanted to fix is way out of control. Learning and growing comes from mistakes, from listening,humbling ourselves, not always talking, and from praying in all situations. I have failed many times thinking I knew what was best. All I was really trying to do was control the situation,and that isn't for me to do. I was taking that job away from Christ, the One who knows all and sees all. He knows the situation,and He knows what needs to be done. We have to sometimes just stand back,pray, and wait for God to move in those we love, and in ourselves to. It is humbling to go before God and ask for forgiveness for trying to do His job, to step in and think we can do it better. His ways are higher, and His ways are better. When we choose to leave His ways,and His wisdom, we soon fall, and sometimes we fall hard. Its those hard falls that wake us up and help us to see clearly. I pray I continue to grow and learn,keeping my eyes on Christ and staying with His wisdom,not my own...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...