Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Path

As many of you know I love to write, and I want to write a devotional. I believe God has placed that upon my heart, and has given me a gift to use for His glory. In my walk, I have been so confused on which way I am to go. I know Christ never confuses us, the world does. In writing a friend, she shared with me her struggles also and her blessings about writing. It was such a blessing to hear from another sister in Christ who is having some of the same struggles I am. We get confused because we get in the way. For me, I have been on the internet trying to learn more about writing, I have been contacting others about the process, and its hard to know who to trust, and what direction to go. For me, I now know its not time to write a devotional. God is teaching me and molding me into who He wants me to become. I have been concerned with many things, including is my writing blessing others, is my writing good enough, how many people are following my blog, and is it going to continue to grow. The Lord has spoken to me, and I am losing sight of what He has for me, because I am getting in the way and seeking too many things to make me feel worthy. I don't even know how I have fallen into this struggle,but it hit me when I wasn't watching. I never want to gain from God's glory. I want Him to be pleased, I want all honor and glory to go to Him and to Him alone. He told me I must not worry about others,only Him. I must not worry about tomorrow, trust in Him. I need my focus to be on Him and not those around me. I need my focus to be so on fire for Him, nothing gets in the way of His glory. I haven't let the dream go of writing a book. It is still there, plain as day for me, but it has to happen in God's timing, not mine. It doesn't matter if I have ten followers or twenty thousand, if one is blessed by God's word, then that was the purpose and the plan. I am not here to get gain from His blessings, I am not here to gain from His gifts before me. "Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires ot come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." Matt. 16:24-27 All any of us do here on earth for the cause of Christ, He will bless us, it may not be blessings in money or profit, but the blessings that God wants us to have. For me, I am still learning each day to die to myself, and pick up my cross. I want the Lord to be the center of my focus and the Leader of my walk. Whatever you are struggling with, know that God has a plan, we just have to open our eyes, and see His plan for us. We must die to our worldly flesh, and live for Him with all our desires He has put in us.For His glory is what it is all about, and His gain for His kingdom..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...