Sunday, July 12, 2009

Learning about heaven...

As I have been reading a book by Randy Alcorn titled "Heaven", doing the workbook with friends,doing our Sunday school lesson on the same book,but different workbook,and now reading C.S.Lewis, it has put a new desire in me to know Christ more,to grow with Him more,and have a deeper relationship. It has put a greater desire in me for heaven and what is to come. People has often asked me,"What religion are you?", and I say,"I am a christian, who has a relationship with Christ,not a religion. I belong to a Baptist church who follows the doctrin of the New Testament." I am a christian first,and if the church I belong to ever began to preach anything besides the Gospel, I would no longer belong. Religion is man's way of getting to God by rituals,Christianity is God's way of reaching men and women through a relationship with them. As I dig deeper into the word,there is so much to say about heaven. Many people just know about heaven,not in detail,and that is good enough for them,but for me, I want to know more. We can know more by reading and studying God's word. Not just reading line by line,but really thinking about each word used. I have heard people say,"Heaven is above the clouds". Heaven is a real place that God is preparing for us. If it wasn't real, He wouldn't have told us about it. He wouldn't describe it in detail. "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know." John 14:1-4 Is this just the most amazing thing you can hear? We don't have to worry about anything,God is our God. He loves us so much,He not only died for us,but He is preparing a place for us. It will be a place more beautiful than the most wonderful thing we can find on Earth. If you can imagine the gifts that He has given us here,imagine the most interesting thing you love to do,heaven will be that and so much more. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death,mor sorrow, nor crying,. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4These are promises from Christ Jesus. Can we imagine a day without pain,without tears, without sorrow? It is so hard to imagine. But imagine your best day ever in your whole life. Heaven will be much, much more than that best day ever. "The twelve gates were twelve pearls; each individual gate was of one pearl. Ane the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass."Revelation 21:21 Look at this verse, it doesn't say streets of gold, it says street of gold. Is that one street or one place? We can imagine so much,but digging deeper is I believe what God wants us to do. The more we think upon something,the more we desire it. Just as if I have seen a amazing purse,I cannot get it out of my mind for anything. So therefore I desire it even more. How amazing is it that we can imagine heaven,while digging deeper,we will desire it even more so? There are so many questions, I do not, I cannot even begin to answer all the questions that come to mind,but with more studying,more desire, I will find those answers as the Lord shows me in His word. To think that we desire gold here on earth so much,and it has a high value,in heaven a street will be made of it. It will not be of big value in heaven, or may God be giving a picture for us to visualize how great heaven will be,for we know the value of gold here? Why should we just stop at knowing we are going to heaven? If I am going to take a trip to Ireland, I want a guide,I want to learn as much as I can about the things I will see and be part of. God is our guide, and He has given us the greatest road map ever made. If He didn't want us to learn more,grow more,and understand more,He wouldn't have given us such a great gift as His word. In just a few studies I have grown in understanding of many things already. We can learn and be so excited about where we are going and make sure we are ready,or we can sit back and just be happy we are going. That is our freewill. For me, I want to keep learning and be ready for when I hear that trumpet sound,how about you?

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...