Friday, July 31, 2009

have you been in a pit lately?

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up and out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth-praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3 When we are in a pit we dont feel like waiting. We want things to be better right now. I have learned from my pit, and I can say I did feel that way. I wanted the Lord to move right now, and move in my way. That isn't how it works. When things are done in God's time all works well. It works for the good of the kingdom. I can be honest and say I don't like waiting, but since I have learned that God's way is the best way, I have waited and have seen Him work through me and others in such amazing ways. We can feel at times we are walking in the mire and our feet are stuck, and walking becomes so hard. I have learned to walk in God's way and to seek His will. That road may be narrow, but its much safer than the wide, curvy road with bumps and turns at all sides. When we wait we learn, when we wait we grow, and God places in us His love and teaches us to be patient in all we do. Today many want to seek the fastest way, for they think that is the best. The fastest way doesn't mean your going to get to the right place where God wants you. You may infact be going just where satan has planned for you to go, farther away from Christ in a pit that you drown in. When we are stressed we can feel as though all is lost, nothing can possibly get better. It can, with God. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 God will set us upon a rock and He will give us the strength we need to overcome any adversity. Satan wants us to stay in the pit, he wants us to suffer and feel alone, well God has a different plan for us, He does not desire us to be in the pit. He wants to teach us and mold us. He wants us to call out to Him in all times. We will find that when we stop trying to do all things on our own, and let God do them through us life is more simple. I don't mean we won't have trials, but through those God is with us. We can learn to hear Him when He speaks to us, and through others. When we can make His word our life, we can really learn to live. Are you in a pit today? You don't have to be there, you can reach up and Christ will take your hand, He will pull you out, place you upon a rock and give you all you need. Let His love cover you, let His peace wash over you, and allow His words to live in your heart today. Don't get discouraged from the things of this world, get encouraged from all the things that are possible with God...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...