Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Are we living what our mouths are saying?

"My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For is our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things." 1 John 3:18-20 While we walk today, is our mouths just speaking, or are we walking what we are saying? Do we just speak of God,but in our lives we are walking a different path? Our minds,bodies, and actions must all be in tune together. If we are to make beautiful music for our Lord and Savior,then our actions must be the same as the words coming out of our mouths. We cannot speak words and then stop short of our actions. Our actions speak much louder than words. I can say I love you,but am I showing you love? I can say you are my friend,but our my actions showing friendship? I can say I am praying for you, but when I am alone am I praying? Actions must follow our words,as do our words must follow our actions. They go hand in hand. If we are showing love,then we are walking in Christ. If we are just speaking love,then we are walking in ourselves. What our tongue says, our body must follow in actions. We can tell a friend yes, I will be there for you, and never show up. We can say we will do a project, and never even get started. God knows if we are doing what our mouths say we are doing. He knows why we are doing the things we are doing. We might say we are doing them to bring glory and honor to God,but we can just be doing to bring that glory to ourselves. Are we going to church to be seen, or are we going to church to worship and grow in the word? Are we mowing our neighbors grass out of love, or do we do it,just to be able to say we did? Our mouths, our actions all have to line up with Christ. What one says,one must do. Just as our actions speak louder than words,there are times when we are doing the action,but our words are nowhere near Godly. Our actions really show where our hearts are. So, what can we do? We can live our lives for Christ. We can have a sold out life for Christ and His kingdom. We can change our mouths to fit our actions, and our actions to fit our mouths. What are your actions saying today? "By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?" 1 John 3:16-17 For as we see here in this verse, if we are not showing love,its not there just by speaking it. Let us allow God to abide in us today. As each moment today passes let us think on God's word and love, that we might be a reflection of His love to others.... "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...