Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Its June,time for VBS......

This is one of my favorite times of year. I get to be involved in VBS. I love it. I am working with the pre-school and doing crafts with them. Their little minds are soaking up all they hear and see. At this age,they love learning,and oh, do they love to tell stories. They come in and are so excited,saying,"Ms.Robin what are we gonna do today?" Their love fills your heart,and their laughter fills the room. We are there to teach them, but in reality I think they teach us. They are so loving and so forgiving. They have their eyes and ears open wide,and they are so lovable. As each one blesses me, I come home each night filled to the brim with joy. Thats how God wants us to be with Him. We need to have our eyes and ears open wide,and have forgiving and loving hearts toward each other. I am thankful I get to share in this each summer. We don't have to wait for summer to come to Jesus. Today when you go to Him, open your heart,mind and soul to all He has for us. Let us be like little children coming to their daddy.They are so full of life and love. Ready to share with anyone who has an open heart and an ear to listen. The little smiles on their faces are breathtaking. Being able to share Jesus with a child is special. Children are the light of this world, and they are the future. They deserve our time and our love. As the children come into church, they can't wait to start singing, sharing, and to come back again tomorrow. Are our hearts like that when we enter into church? Can we not wait for it to begin? Are we willing and ready to share Jesus with all who are around us? In Matthew 18:1-5 says,"At that time the disciples came to Jesus,saying,"Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"Then Jesus called a little child to Him,set him in the midst of them, and said,"Assuredly I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me." As children are humble,God wants us to be humble,He wants us to come to Him just as little children do. With big open hearts ready to learn and to love. Children are a gift from God, and are a blessing,just as Jesus loves children,He too is calling us to love them and to love as children do. When we can humble ourselves as little children, He will accept us openly,with all the love He has to give. I pray for each child coming to VBS. I pray they learn about Jesus,they grow with Him,and they never turn away.I pray that each child is protected and surrounded with the love of Jesus....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...