Sunday, June 28, 2009

I wanna dance...

At the women of faith, I was able to see Steven Curtis Chapman.A man I respect,admire, and who is so talented and humble. He is just a regular man with a story to tell. I will not spoil it for those of you who have not been yet.For you,you are in for a treat. He sang His song Cinderella. I love this song. As soon as it begins the tears seem to flow. When I hear this song I think of my daughters who no longer live at home. One day I will be able to share that story with you,but for now,the pain is still tender. My daughters and I danced all the time.We turned the music up and let it go. It was a moment in time that I so wish I could have back. It is a sweet memory. One that I hold dear. When are oldest daughter got married she played Butterfly Kisses for her daddy. I really thought my husband was going to fall apart right there infront of me. She blessed him beyond words. The song told of her beauty,her love for her daddy, and the dance they shared through life. To see my husband kiss her on the cheek, and place her hand in her husbands to be,was a moment I will never forget. It was a moment set in beautiful time that brought us together as a family. There is a song from Garth Brooks,"The Dance". I cannot listen to this sweet song,for it reminds me of my daddy. The time we shared,and the dances we didn't get to take together because of his untimely death. But I charish the moments we danced. I see them all. We can either take life as it comes and dance to the music, feeling blessed for the dance we shared, or we can choose to sit on the sidelines, and choose not to dance,not even to turn the music on. When we choose that, we are missing out on lifes gifts, we are loosing precious time, and hurting ourselves. I don't want to cry throughout life. I don't want to dwell on my pain anylonger. I want to hear the music and dance through this journey,this road we are all traveling on. If we stay on the sidelines never taking a chance, we miss the dance completely and what a shame that would be. As we can see the fireflies dance at night, the butterflies dancing in the daylight,we too can experience that dance if we just let go, and let God. He will take our hand,lead us out onto the floor and dance with us.He will show us all that is beautiful, all that is good, and all that is love. Don't be afraid to dance,because you don't want to get hurt. Take each day as it is your last,dance each moment to the tune of God, and see what beauty comes into your life..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...