Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Have you given up on your dreams?

I have this huge dream to write. I want to write a devotional, and a book. Getting started is much harder than anyone would think. My facebook page is surrounded by authors who I respect so much. I get to go to my homepage and see all the amazing things they write and share. I can learn a great deal from them. Not only am I learning, but I am being blessed by these christian women who share God's word. I am blessed to have encouraging friends, and a husband who allows me to spend hours writing. I am always praying someone is blessed by something I write,but usually, I think God intends it for me. There are times I will read what I have written. Not really thinking when I am typing. My fingers are just moving the keys,and God is doing the rest. As I sit and read an entry,there are times when I just break down in tears. The Lord has spoke to me through my own writing. Its funny, we sometimes don't realize something unless it is right there infront of our faces. To learn we have to sit back and evaluate all that is in our lives. In order for our dreams to take place,in order for God to use us,we have to be available, we must be open,and we must be holy before His sight. There are so many things I need to let go of in my life. Why do we seem to keep the things that are the very things holding us down? We get comfortable, we get lazy, and we begin to live in our own little box. When God does not bless, we sit back and wonder why. Well, God tells us why in His word. We must believe what we are praying for, we must be holy in His sight, and we must be following Him from every direction in our lives. We sometimes keep things in our lives because we are fearful to let go. We wonder what will happen if I do let this go? What will fill its spot? Will I be the same without it? We all want God to bless us, we all want Him to shine down upon us,but we have to do some changes, we have to turn some things around in order to be more like Him. To live in Him is to let go of ourselves. To walk with Him, is to stay focused on what is real and important. If we stray for one minute, we can get lost and its hard to find our way back after we have been gone for so long, doing our own thing. Whenever I am writing I may say,"You, we, us, them,but I am always speaking to me, to my heart. Thats where it must begin,not in others,but in me. When I ask God to forgive me of my sins, I have to ask Him to show me what they are. What does He want me to let go of,and change to look more like Him. That is hard at times.We tend not to see the very things that are our stumbling blocks. Others see them and try to warn us, but we don't listen. We just keep moving ahead,wanting God to bless our lives when they are full of acts we shoudn't be doing. We can't have it both ways, we must allow are hearts to be open for change. Not the world's view of change,but God's view of change. They do not always agree. Letting go is hard, letting go of things and trusting God is hard. We want things to be a certain way,but maybe thats not what God intends. We must take the me out of our dreams and ask God,what is Your dream for me. He may take us in a whole new direction we never even thought of before. God instills in us the plans He has before us. Its up to us to follow Him. He isn't going to make us,we have our freewill. He will lay out the plan, and we seek Him to show us, guiding us, and to do His will and way we must be humble before Him, and be ready for the changes He wants to place before us. Micah 6:8"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you,but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" Jeremiah 29:11" For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Psalm 119:18"Open my eyes, that I may see wonderous things from Your law." Psalm 69:32 " The humble shall see this and be glad; and you who seek God, your hearts shall live." 2 Corinthians 3:18 " But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 4:16 " Therfore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day." Philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."When you get discouraged, don't give up on those dreams, don't let go of what you know God is calling you to do no matter how hard the road may be. He is right there with us, drawing us closer to Him and closer to our purpose. We just have to let go, let God, and see the beauty He creates....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...