Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Fathers Day Dad.....

Fathers Day is very hard for me. It is a day we celebrate our fathers, to share with them just how wonderful they are. Its a day to give back all they have given. My father has been gone for sometime now. Since I was 19. I miss my father still yet today,and on so many days I wish he was here with me. To see his grandchildren, to celebrate life, to call on when I just need to hear his voice. I have always went with my children to pick out their Fathers Day cards, and one from me to my husband. I can stand in the aisle and cry, with tears streaming down my face at the words upon those cards. Words I wish I could say to my dad, some words that I didn't get to say. Our parents are such an important part of our lives. My dad was the best. He sacrificed for me, he worked hard for me, and even though he may not have said the words, I know he loved me with all his heart. I remember the games we used to play, his laugh, his words, and his ever present strength. He had the hands of a working man, they were big, they were rough,but they were full of love. They were the hands of my dad, who I was proud to call dad. There was not a day he was not there for me. He was a strong man, he loved to laugh. He loved The Three Stooges. He loved football. One of the last things we got to do together was go to a Cardnals football game. After the game we went into the world war two museum. I remember that day well. The last gift I gave him was a watch that I had proudly paid for with the money from my first real job as a stylist,inwhich he was very proud of. The last words he said to me was,"Take care of you mom." I have tried with all my heart to honor his words. I watched my dad have fun playing baseball, I watched him enjoy fishing, which now his grandson enjoys just the same.I saw the look of love in his eyes to my mom, and felt his grace when I had done wrong. The love between a father and his daughter is strong. It is a special gift, and I cherish the time I shared with my dad. At last I watched my dad suffer from cancer for a year. I watched as my dad struggled. Through his struggle I saw who he really was. He was a man of grace, mercy and very humble. He was a man in need of forgiveness, and found forgiveness in Jesus before he died. I am thankful for the years I had with him, and the legacy he has passed on to me. My wish is that I have made him proud, that my life would make him smile, as his life has made me.This Father's Day, celebrate your dads. Share with them the love you have for them. Give back all they have given and make it a day to remember. Happy Fathers Day to you dad.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...