Thursday, June 18, 2009

Are my hands clean?

How are your hands lately? What have your hands been in? What have your hands touched? Have you held a hand lately? I beg of God to give me clean hands,and a pure heart. I want to touch only things that are pure and bring honor to Him,so why are my hands dirty at times? Why do we touch sin,so it gets our hands dirty?Why do I allow things to come into my life that I know are not pure? When I see Jesus,as He shows me His hands,and I bow down to Him,I also want Him to see hands that are clean of sin,pure,untouched by the evils of this world.We wash our hands many times a day.We sanitize our hands,our bodies,some carry sanitizer in their purses.We can see the dirt,we are afraid of germs,and at times keep our hands to ourselves. But with sin,we don't always see all the muck and mire we have gotten ourselves into.We can start with just a little speck of dirt under our nails,and forget about it.Then the next day that dirt is upon our hand,then before we know what has hit us,we are knee deep in mud.Mud that consumes us,mud that we can get stuck in.Like quicksand it takes us quicker than we thought,we thought we could take a little,than just a little more,and before we know it we are covered with our heads sticking out.Why do we allow this to happen to us? When we are there drowning in quicksand,we can call out,we can reach for a hand.The spotless hand of God,the grace filled hand of God.Only God can clean us,only God can wash us with His water,and clean all the dirt off. To keep our hands from temptation we have to keep our eyes wide open,our ears open to God's voice,and keep our hands from reaching out to sin. We know right from wrong. We know God's ways are higher than ours. We have His word to teach us,and to mold us.Why can't I listen at times? Why do I allow my hands to get dirty?"Therefore submit to God.Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands,you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded" James 4:7-8 We must obey and submit to God,we must give Him all we have.If we turn to Him,He will turn to us.He will reach out His hand to us,He will rescue us from the muck and mire in our lives. The devil knows our temptations,he knows just where to bring us,and open the doors of temptation.We must run from him,and look for the arms of Jesus. Clean our hands of all sin,put on our armor of God,and fight all that surrounds us. I want my hands to be held up to the heavens as I praise His name.I want my hands to help others in need. I want to walk side by side with God holding my hand. If we look to Him,take our eyes away from sin,He will cleanse our hands,and wash us in His love..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...