Monday, May 18, 2009

My Strong Tower

Have you ever been playing legos with your children and they want to build a tower? Maybe they want to take a deck of cards and build a card tower? My son always did when he was small.He loved to build and do things with his little hands. He would start with one single piece first,and build on from that.If one piece fell,the whole tower would fall over,except for the one he started with. We can look all around us and see large cities with buildings very tall.So tall we get dizzy looking up trying to see the top. Those towers were built strong,and stable for each level to add on.Even though it took many beams to build that tower,it still started with one that held it all together. God is like that in our lives.He is our strong tower.He holds us together,He shelters us,and we are built upon Him if we place our faith in Him.He has been my strong tower many times,and each time I have grown closer to Him for His strength and shelter. In Psalm 61:3-4 it tells us,"For You have been a shelter for me,A strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;I will trust in the shelter of Your wings." Also in Psalm 144:2 it states, "My lovingkindness and my fortress,My high tower and my deliverer,My shield and the One in whom I take refuge,Who subdues my people under me."God gives us protection and saftey from all that attack us. When the world seems to be tumbling down around us,He is our strong tower,and our refuge.Just as my son built with his little hands towers for his little army men,God has made Himself a tower for His people to take shelter in against the storms of this world. God is faithful to stand for us,He our faithful tower that forever will protect us and sheild us from evil if we will just open our hands to Him placing all we have under His strong tower. Things around us may fall just as the legos or blocks,but that foundation,that tower will forever stand.Just as we can be driving down a country road and see the light upon the tall towers,we can be lead by Christ,the light of our strong tower that will forever shine. Lord,I am so blessed and forever thankful that you are my strong tower in this world we live in,and thank you for shielding me,and protecting me from all the storms of life.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...