Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Favorite of mine

At church I love to hear singing,with that singing,I can praise the Lord.Just me and Him during that time of singing,I can close my eyes and picture Him there with us worshipping. A young woman at church sings on Sunday mornings. She will often sing the song Better is one day in your courts. I know this is not the real title,but its how I remember the song that touches my heart. There is a verse in the song that sings, Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere. In 2 Peter 3:8 it tells us; "But, beloved, do not forget this one thing,that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." In our time things happen slowly,but in God's time it is always perfect. We seek Him to come,and He will come. The Lord has longsuffering for His creation and wants all to come to know Him as Savior. Just one day with the Lord,is better than a thousand days without Him. I would rather spend one day with Christ,than anywhere else here on earth. I believe the Lord longs for the day He can come for His children,to spend time with us will also bring Him joy. We all have our favorite songs,we all have songs that touch us in special ways. The Lord speaks to us through song also.That we can spend a day in church,sing praises to Him and feel His presence is a joy beyond measure. I long to see our Savior,and when we do,we will spend many more days with Him than one.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...