Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Being Touched By God's Word

When I opened my bible this morning I came across a verse I have read many times,but today it seemed to touch me in a special way.God was just waiting for me to show up there. Romans 12:9-13 says; "Love must be sincere.Hate what is evil and cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.Honor one another above yourselves.Never be lacking in zeal,but keep your spiritual fervor,serving the Lord.Be joyful in hope,patient in affliction,faithful in prayer.Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." There is so much more as you read on down through chapter 12,but these words touched me today. Isn't it amazing to pick up God's word and He just reaches out to you with all His love? We must be sincere in our love,not fake,not just for show to others,but be real as Jesus is to us always. We should be focused on what is good and stay away from all evil.That too can mean the television shows,the movies,the books,all in this world what the world so wants us to be involved in is not always good,and if we open our eyes to God,He will show us the good and bad.Have you ever been at movie,or reading a book and you hear His soft voice tell you this is bad? I have,and to be honest I havent always listened,but I am growing and getting more intune with hearing and doing.Honor one another with love? Wow,do we really do that always? We cannot say we love someone and then not help them when they are in need,or gossip behing their back when no ones looking.To put others before ourselves.We put our husband and children before ourselve and make sacrifices,but do we do this for all people? I cannot tell you how many times I have put myself first,and said,no I dont have time for that right now.what those people are hearing is I dont have time for you right now,and that isnt how we should be. To be joyful in hope,and have patience in afflictions,that too is hard,we want God to answer us right now,and we want to see Him move.God isnt on our time,thank goodness.He knows what is best,and knows when to answer.As we grow in Christ,we learn that joy is in our hearts,no matter what situation we are in,and we learn to have patience, knowing God is in control of all that touches our lives.We so want a quick fix,but we cannot fix everything,love takes time,and so do those lessons we must learn.God is molding us,and teaching us along our walk.If we are able to take our eyes off of ourselves,place them on Christ,He will show us,and give us all we need,when we need it.Sharing with God's people who are in need,is such a strong message. We can show others who Christ is by helping when they are hurting,we can lift others up with prayer. We are to spread His word,we cannot just do that with our lips moving,it has to be shown through our lives,and if He is present,He will shine through.I love it when God opens our eyes to something we need right here and now. To be in His word,is to be in His presence.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...