Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why do we let things shake us?

In Psalm 16:7-8 it says,"I will praise the Lord,who councils me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me.Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."Wow,does that say alot! Why do we allow ourselves to be shaken? Why does it just take something little,to shake us? Many times big things enter our lives,they are scary things,but why are we shaken? Do we not really have faith? I know in my life there have been many times when I thought I could not go one,even take a step forward.Many times the pain seems like it takes each breath away,but we don't have to allow ourselves to be shaken,God is right there,He is at our right hand.He never leaves us,we leave Him. We tend to leave Him,and try things on our own,which never works.Why does it take us so long to learn this? We are His children,we are children of the King,does that not have a nice ring to it? To be called His children,we should know our Father will never leave us,and He is always in control.He doesn't want us to be shaken.If we build our foundation upon Him,it is going to withstand all things to come.So the question is,where have you built your foundation? What is it made of? Whatever comes to us,never touches us without first touching Him,and He will not let us be shaken if we turn to Him and trust Him with all we have.So the next time something enters your life and throws you off balance,turn to God,allow Him to be our level,and He will make sure all is stable within Him.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...