Monday, March 9, 2009

My Church Family

My church family is very special to me. They have truely become my family in every sence of the word. I have many close friends, who are like sisters to me. I have known many for years, and some have just started to become a part of my life. I did not grow up in church. So for me, church is my favorite place to be, for between the pews sits my family. We have grown together, we have cried together, we have laughed together. Our pastor gathers us, and our Lord leads us. I have the family I never grew up with. I have grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles,sisters and brothers. We do not always see eye to eye, but what family does? We have learned that if it doesn't have anything to do with eternity,then we should let it go. It is humbling to see people go the altar, kneel and pray. We do not leave them there alone. It is an comforting feeling to feel someone place their hands upon you and pray over you. We are a hugging church. Growing up our family did not hug. I never remember my parents hugging me as I was growing up. Nor did their parents hug them. So at our church to feel someone put their arms around you is just love. You learn not to tell someone your FINE. They really want to know how you are, its just love. My children have grown up in our church, one has married there. It is my home away form home.It is a place you want to be. Its a place we gather together to celebrate, have dinners, and its just home with the family.I cannot imagine my life without our church, I would be lost. We lift each other up, carry one anothers burdens, and are there for one another no matter what time of day or night. Our pastor gives all he has for the Lord.He is humble, he is giving, he opens his heart to us. He doesn't try to be someone he isn't. He is a wonderful example for us to follow. He is my pastor, my friend , and my brother. The elders of our church were our great examples. Some of them have gone home to be with the Lord.We are to be the examples to the youth of our church, so we can teach them to be the same for the generation after them. The Lord is moving in our church, our hearts are open to Him,and humble in His house. I pray we always follow, to whatever cost. It is an honor to say Jesus looks good on Bethel, they wear Him well. Let us serve our God with hearts of love and compassion, and let us keep hope alive.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...