Thursday, January 29, 2009

What is our greatest commandments?

Mark 12:30-31 says:Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'love your neighbor as yourself. there is no commandment greater than these'. These are the greatest commandments, but I think also the hardest at times. We are to love God ofcourse. We are to put Him above all else, think upon Him with our minds. My mind seems to travel so many places it doesnt need to go. With all our strength, at times I am begging God for strength. I do love the Lord with all my heart, but how many times do I put things before Him? The second commandment is a struggle. Its easy to love those you love. The "lovables", your friends, family. But what about those people you don't really get along with, or those who are not so nice to you? Is it easy to love them the same? I want to be the person God wants me to be, why do I struggle so with these, am I the only one? I know when I call upon God He is always there for me, He is my strength, my Rock. Am I there for Him when He calls me? When He asks these commandments of me, where am I? Where are you? We should be on our knees, asking for help. If these are the greatest, I don't think they were meant to be easy, or to be done without Christ at our side. The next time you are struggling, call upon Him and He will see you through.......

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...