Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Need or a Want.....

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength..Philippians 4:13......My friend gave me a virtue card a long time ago. Its a card that fits into your wallet, it looks like a mastercard,only it isn't. In big words in bold print it says "CONFIDENCE". I have carried this card with me everywhere I go to this day. See I love to shop,not just shop, but shopping for purses is like a neccesity. Like you need air to breath, I need a new purse to survive!!!! I had gotten a few credit cards, which was a HUGE mistake, it was a terrible temptation for me. My husband and my friend had the same idea, they spoke the words "Is it really a need or just a want?" Now every time I go into a store I hear those words. Its like they are both in my head saying need or want. So I carry my things around trying to convince myself it is truelly a need, yes I need these things badly, then I get to the check out and there is that card!!! I go and hang everything back up where it was, and leave the store empty handed. This has been such a hard lesson for me to learn. I was daddy's girl, and all I had to do was hold out my hand and he either put money in it or gave me a credit card. My poor husband has been trying to change me for 18 years, and I am learning. With Gods help, my husband, and my wonderful friend who loves to teach me things she knows! My point to this story is With Gods strength we can make it through any temptation. Hes always there for us in our times of temptation, and we can always call upon a good friend for help.Am I a perfect shopper now? No, I have a ways to go, but I know right where to go when I feel tempted.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...