Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Beginner's Bible Bedtime Collection (20 Favorite Bible Stories and Prayers) by Zonderkidz

My granddaughter just began reading. Oh, the sweetness of the first grade. One of the best treasures is having her curl up next to me and read a story to me. I shared with her that I would look to see if there was a children's Bible for review. Sure enough when I looked I found for review this gem. 

It is perfect! Perfect for little hands, in size and cover. The cover is soft and the cover is inviting. Hello! It's glow-in-the-dark!! Every child will love this feature. 

The inside is just beautiful, bright, and colorful. One feature I love is that we are given stories from the Old Testament and the New Testament. Some that stand out to me are; The Brave Queen, The Wise King, Jesus Calms the Storm, Mountain, and Jesus Returns. These stories are Biblical in every way. They are penned in such a way that little ones can understand. These stories too are short. The lettering is big bold print and there are colorful illustrations on every page. 

What I love is that with these stories it gives way for more conversation, more story time, more time to spend sharing Jesus. It was my granddaughter who said, "Nanny, I love reading about Jesus." This is a great beginning for little ones, whether they have heard of Jesus or maybe this book will be their first encounter. It would make a fantastic gift for a little one in your life. 

We are given 20 stories, but too there is a prayer between every story. These are sweet prayers. The Goodnight Prayer: "Thank You, God, for taking such good care of me. Like a shepherd takes care of his sheep, you always watch out for me!" (The Lord is my Shepherd. He gives me everything I need.-Psalm 23:1). Then there too is an option for the parent/grandparent to read more of the scripture by taking out the Bible and sharing more. This is a great introduction to the Bible for little ones. 

This is a wonderful place for little hearts to begin reading, a sweet treasure to share, and one that will only grow a heart after Jesus. If you are searching for a beginning for little readers or maybe just a goodnight book, this is a wonderful selection. I cannot wait to share it with all my grandchildren. 

This Beginner's Bible was a gift from Zonderkidz for sharing my review with you.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...