Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The King James Study Bible, Full-Color Edition published by Thomas Nelson

When I seen this King James translation up for review I had to give it a whirl. I have my favorite study Bibles I use for my study and I must admit that I didn't have a King James in my collection outside of a reference Bible. So, this selection caught my eye. 

I have to tell you that I wasn't sure as what to expect. Many times you receive a hard copy edition. I was over the top, unexpectedly excited when I opened up the box to see that for review I wasn't sent a hardback copy, but the brown leather bonded copy. That was my first excitement. 

The second happened when I opened up this study Bible. This study Bible is outstanding! I don't have any other Thomas Nelson Bibles I use for my study. There are reasons for that. I just haven't found one that stood out to me. I am now blown away by this new release from Thomas Nelson. It is better than anything I have seen from them. 

The print is a great size. The colors are very warm and inviting. The pages are of great quality. The study notes are topnotch and so informative. The Word of Christ is in red, which I know is a highlight for many. The reference now the center column is a violet shade, very easy to read. The introductions of each Book is filled with great insight and gives a vast wealth of knowledge in understanding the when, how, who, and what of the Book. There too is an outline that is extremely helpful in understanding the timeline of what you're about to read and it also gives add in easy finding on a particular subject. 

Something I love!! There are three really cool aspects this Bible that I find unique to others. Throughout the study Bible you will find Doctrinal Footnotes, Personality Profiles, and Archaeological Sites. These are highlighted in different colors so it is easy to see there's something extra to see. They are coded with a little shovel, a person, or for the doctrinal footnotes there is a little key. They too are in full color which gives an added blessing for study, especially for that visual learner. 

In the front of the Bible we are given great insight as to how to use this study Bible. There is an Introduction to Doctrinal Footnotes that's divided into three sections, explanation, illustration, and application. This is another fantastic tool for study. 

In the front there too is a section God's Answers to Our Concerns. This lists many subjects and gives scripture for all. 

Now, moving to the back of the study Bible we are given a Topical Index to Christ and the Gospels that is divided into subheadings. This isn't the concordance, but a section on focusing on the Life of Christ. 

Next we have the Teaching of Christ, all in alphabetical order. Parables of Christ, and Miracles of Christ are to follow. Prophecies of the Messiah Fulfilled in Christ is divided into three sections, Prophetic Scripture, subject, and fulfilled. There too is an amazing section devoted to Paul entitled, Topical Index of Paul and His Letters. This is super cool and one of my favorite things about this Bible. Next we are in the Topical Index to End Times Prophecy. There are so many tools given for a great study. You could study this Bible in so many different ways. Love all the possibilities. 

We aren't finished yet!! Next is the Monies, Weights, and Measures. The Jewish Calendar, Prayers of the Bible, Index to Annotations, and then the Concordance, which is one the largest I have yet to uncover in a study Bible. In the very back are full color maps that give a great visual for study. 

The pages are a little sticky in the first use. Not all, just a few, but easy to pull apart without fear tearing a page. Just be gentle. The pages are highlighted in a gold glimmer shade. And there is a ribbon marker that's always handy to have. The print of the Bible is a dark enough shade that it is very easy to read. That's a plus!! 

This is a study Bible I will use for years to come. Oh, and if you purchase this Bible it is guaranteed for life. All you have to do is register your Bible and you're all set. I have been enjoyed my time in this Bible and cannot wait to uncover more. I would purchase this study Bible for myself, or gift it to another. This is truly a comprehensive study for the beginner in reading God's Word or the student who has been uncovering the Word of God for many years. 

I hope if you are on the search for a great King James study Bible you will check it out. Oh, and it also comes in the NKJV too and in many styles and colors to fit your personality. 

This study Bible was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...