Tuesday, August 8, 2017

NKJV, Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, Hardcover, Red Letter Edition by Zondervan


I was excited to receive this study Bible. I have an archaeological study Bible that I have used. This one is similar in sharing amazing information on the cultural aspect of study. If you love studying the Word of God, knowing the cultural of the time gives great insight to understanding the Word. 

This study Bible is jam-packed with great information. Color pages are a great aid for a visual learner. Red letter print too. This Bible is loaded with study notes. Pages 1-2016 are dedicated to the Old Testament. Pages 2017-2348 are dedicated to the New Testament. There is much more study information for the OT than the NT. We are given study helps such as, Table of Monies, Weights, and Measures, Index of Articles in Canonical Order, Concordance, and Map Index, and Maps. 

I have the hardback version of this study Bible. The jacket is colorful, but I'm not a jacket kind of girl when it comes to my Bibles. I'd rather take it off. But if one takes off the jacket it is simple brown with Holy Bible printed on the front. I love when the cover is the same as the jacket. 

Okay, would I purchase this Bible? I have to be honest. No, I wouldn't. It is a magnificent study Bible of the times and culture. But the pages are so very thin that they are see-through. With a light shining above me and the pages down I can still see the color of the pages on the other side. The print is not only small, but the coloring of the Bible makes it difficult to read. The pages do not have a smooth and inviting feel to them. Outside of those issues this is a magnificent study Bible. I wish the pages were not so very thin and the coloring so bland. Those things are important to me because if I don't like the feel of the pages I'm not likely to spend much time using it. 

You may pick up this Bible and simply love it. I hope you do. I am just sharing my thoughts about it. As far as study goes, this is filled with tools and information that can give way to a great study!! 

This study Bible was a gift from Zondervan for sharing my review with you. 


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...