Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Tea Planter's Wife by Dinah Jefferies

This novel kept me company while spending long hours at the hospital with my mother. It's one of those easy reads. One you can curl up with and simply enjoy the wonderful story before you. 

This is the first writing I have enjoyed by this author. I found her use of words marvelous as she described a time and place far from anything I have experienced. Her words brought this country to life for me as the characters too found a place in my heart. 

We are all just travelers in an unknown land, searching for home. There are times we are comfortable and those in which all is new. It is these times where we find ourselves uncomfortable and unsure that we grow as people and find our place and treasure where we are planted at the time. 

I really enjoyed the main character and all the writer brought out about her. She made her transparent for the reader to understand her heart. Of course some characters are more enjoyable than others. Some are easy to like where others try our patience. The writer did an excellent job of bringing out the completeness of each character. 

I usually only review Christian works, but this selection's description and cover captivated me. I was curious and wasn't let down at all. I will look forward to the next work from this author. 

This novel was a gift from Crown Publishing for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...