Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa

Wow! One of the best novels I have read in quite a long time. Where have I been that I have not read more work by this exceptionally gifted writer? Mike Nappa nailed this novel in so many ways. 

It was the cover of this book intrigued me and of course I love reading works penned by authors who are new to me, so when I seen this for review I had to see what it was all about.

It is categorized as Fiction/Suspense, but this novel holds so much more than just suspense. The characters are so well written. Their lives penned in black and white on these pages, but through Nappa's use of words and expression their lives are before us in living color. 

This is one of those novels that would make a great television series! But for those of us book nerds, paperback is even better. Nappa had me in the first pages. I hated to have to put this book down and carry on with my daily activities. I couldn't wait for some extra reading time to get back into this story. 

I'm so thankful Nappa grew up with the works of Poe. What a great impact on his life and his writing experience. Even more so, what a great gift to share with us! This is a fast paced novel. Twists and turns come at such unexpected times. This is what I truly loved about this novel. Nappa keeps the reader engaged with characters that you want to know more about. Not all the secrets are laid out in the first chapter so you know exactly where the book is going. He has perfectly and precisely placed such amazing detail throughout these pages that you feel as if you are have a front row seat for the mystery unfolding before you! 

If you are looking for a great afternoon summer read this is it! I cannot imagine anyone not loving this novel. Each character has their own story, their own mystery to uncover. This is just such a well written novel. So much more than just suspense! I am now definitely a fan of Mike Nappa and cannot wait to see what's next for Coffey and Hill. 


This novel was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you.

Mike Nappa is an entertainment journalist at FamilyFans.com, as well as a bestselling and award winning author with more than one million books sold worldwide. When he was a kid, the stories of Edgar Allen Poe scared him silly. Today he owns everything Poe ever wrote. A former fiction acquisitions editor, Mike earned his MA in English literature and now writes full time.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...