Friday, August 7, 2015

Fade to Blue by Julie Carobini

What a great first time visit to Otter Bay! I can't wait to return. I am totally new to Julie Carobini. I know, right? Where have I been? I'm sure many of you are huge fans and for some this will be your first glimpse into her writings. Fade to Blue is truly a beach read. A summer read of fun that is filled with faith, growth, and reassurance that our purpose goes far beyond anything we can imagine. The main theme that touched me was reminding me that we have a God of second chances and that is exactly what we find here in this novel penned by Julie Carobini. 

This is one of those delicious reads that grows as you continue turning pages. As you sip a cool glass of iced tea and bask in the sunshine you will be delighted as these characters pop off the pages. The story flows beautifully and the characters are those we can relate to. Suz Mitchell could be any one of us. Life throws a curve ball and we find ourselves in need of asking for help. This isn't always easy. But for Suz her big brother is there to lighten the load. I loved their relationship. It seems it isn't always easy. Suz feels that she and her son, Jeremiah, are in the way as they share a home, but as we see, this just isn't the case. 

We see what happens when divorce touches our lives. More importantly how it touches the lives of our children. Suz questions herself more and more. She wants to follow her dreams, but she questions if they really do come true. As we see God's dreams for us are bigger than anything we could ever imagine. 

We see Suz battle with believing in herself. She seems to think that dreams come true for others, but for her it just isn't to be. Oh, does God have a surprise in store for her. Don't you just love how God does that for those who believe in Him? Suz learns that when she truly trusts God her faith will grow and she will see that nothing is impossible for a girl with God sized dreams!

You romance lovers will fall head over heals for this story. A huge theme here is restoration. I LOVE how Carobini weaves a story of faith that points straight to our Creator, our Restorer. This isn't a deep read, but one that is thought provoking. As I turned the last page I was more in love with my Restorer than when I began. That's huge for me! I love a story that stirs my heart and strengthens my faith. This is one of those stories that leaves you with hope and smile upon your face knowing that God is always in control. 

This was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Julie Carobini writes seaside novels filled with faith, flip-flops, and waves of grace. She has also written articles for Decision and Focus on the Family magazines and received awards from the National League of American Pen Women. Julie and her husband Dan have three children and live on California's central coast. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...