Friday, May 29, 2015

The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer

Something for every woman lies within these pages. Let me begin by sharing that this book would make for a great wedding gift, a graduation gift, and even a gift for your high school daughter just getting ready to date. It's great for the woman who has been married for twenty years. A book that a Sunday school class could read together or a small group of friends on a weeknight get together. What a perfect way to come together and grow as women, mothers, wives, sisters, and friends. 

My copy is the leather touch. It too comes in paperback. The choice is all your's of which you prefer. And to keep in mind, there is a Resolution for Men too!! A great way for a husband and wife to spend time together. Coffee cups, the Bible and the Resolution. And all the things I said about being great for women, the same rings true for men. An awesome gift for the young man in your life that you love and truly want to see grow into the man of God he was created to be. 

A Resolution (n)
a. the act of resolving or determining upon action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
b. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.

Priscilla begins by sharing with us that around the coming new year we all tend to make resolutions, but we never stick with them for long. We make goals and promises that make a cameo appearance in our lives for a time, but then are forgotten. 

"Right now-weather you realize it or not-you're choosing to treat people a certain way, to stay committed to certain activities, to live a certain life, to be a certain kind of person, to not be a certain kind of person. Either way, you've made a decision. A spoken (or unspoken) declaration. A defining banner hangs over your life, written in the ink of your own choices. Others can read it, even if you can't. You're already a woman of resolutions.They're making you who you are. they're determining the life you'll end up living, the tomorrow you'll end up shaping. We need to make sure the banner that flies over our lives and announces to the world who we genuinely are is one that says what we want it to say, one that changes things in us and around us for the better. That's what this book is all about."

I am so excited that Priscilla was chosen to write this book. I have loved every book penned by this amazing woman of God. If you could see the shape my books are in you would see all the highlighting and bending of pages as I have read and reread her powerful words of hope and security. She is truly inspiring and encouraging. Her words stem from Biblical truths. She never sways from the Word of God. She is a woman who can relate to what women around our world are feeling and choosing. What I love and admire about her is her act of transparency. She shares from her own life experiences, most of all what she has learned and how the Word has set her on course to becoming the woman God created her to be. 

This book contains three parts:
Part I: This is who I am.
Part II. This is what I have.
Part III. This is what matters to me.

I just want to share with you the chapters ahead:
Surprisingly Satisfied
Purposefully Feminine
Authentically Me
Faithfully His
My Best
My Blessing
My Forgiveness
My Integrity
My Heart
Fulfilling My Husband
Loving My Children
Living with Grace
Leaving A Godly Legacy

Within each of these chapters you will find the resolutions!
A resolution to be content
A resolution to champion biblical femininity
A resolution to value myself and celebrate others
A resolution to be devoted to Christ and defined by His Word
A resolution to devote myself completely to God's priorities for my life
A resolution to esteem others with my time, concern, and full attention
A resolution to release others from the prison of my hurt and anger
A resolution to live with the highest standards of virtue and purity
A resolution to care
A resolution to be the kind of woman who truly blesses her man
A resolution to train my kids in righteousness
A resolution to make my home a welcome place to be
A resolution to live today with tomorrow in mind

One reason I love this book is that as women we grow tired. We can become tired of it all. Priscilla gets that and she shares on subjects that we struggle and gives biblical love and grace to help us get out of our rut and take on a new look on life, one that begins in the heart and will flow outward to all we touch!

This book is one of those books that gives us such encouragement to take a chance on change, to except we aren't perfect by any means, but when we are willing to bring about intentional change, and put God first, blessings flow not only for our lives here on this earth, but we make a powerful legacy for the kingdom of God. 

"The more you grow, the more His power is able to flow through you, satisfying your heart and transforming your world."

I love that Priscilla encourages us to speak the Word and to pen our heart on paper. In this book you will find thirteen resolutions. They are powerful and life changing. We don't have to do it alone. All things are possible through Christ! After each chapter she gives us room to ponder and pray. This is one of those books to take your time with and truly think about the words before you. Words that lead you to the Word of God. Get ready because your life is about to change in ways you never expected!!

This book was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...